10 Questions Theists Can't Answer

He talks to me. I hear him. We have short conversations. He’s usually grumpy and doesn’t want to talk, so he sends the EvilOne.

Yes, I’m on my meds. I still talk to him.

“Faith” - when you talk to the OverLord and get no reply.

“Madness” - when you talk to the OverLord and He talks back to you.

For example: Jesus & rat spit :rat: had so much “faith” that it just turned to “madness”.

However rat spit has outlived Jesus by 5 years and it doesn’t look like anyone will be nailing rat spit to a stake anytime soon.

@Nogba
I suggest you keep repeating and practising. I appreciate your efforts but you haven’t explained your position “better”. I suppose the same applies to me. Profound issues like the universe and infinity are difficult to discuss even for people who share a common language. I regret I have no other language but English.

“If i told you i’m going to count to infinity and when i finish, you start running for example. thinking that you’re eventually going to run, it’s like infinite regress exist. which is nonsense. if infinite regress exists then we will never exist.”

This clever word game is actually nonsense itself. It only explains infinity is infinity. You count to infinity (for infinity), I never run (for infinity). It does not describe ‘infinite regress’ (counting to infinity would be an infinite progress). And you only make the assumption that nothing can happen in an infinite reality without reasonable explanation. You tried but it doesn’t make sense.
The terms finite and infinite only define duration or quantity. Neither defines any other qualities or conditions or characteristics.

“Since there is a first cause, how can anything other than this first cause be god ? the first cause is god because this first cause was alone before creating everything. he was alone because he is first cause so to speak.”

This is a circular string of unevidenced speculations about a presumed ‘first cause’. It carries no explanation for the properties of either reality or gods. The first cause could be anything and not necessarily a god. Why not poetry-loving trans-dimensional beings from the fifth dimension? You can’t prove they don’t exist or didn’t create the universe as a result of an experiment gone wrong, any more than you can prove the involvement of any supernatural god.

It’s not because I am an atheist, but because I care about what is true that I follow one rational scientific explanation (derived from the confirmed research of a Catholic priest, Lemaitre, who cautioned his Pope, denying his findings proved the creation of the universe), that this universe at some point reached Planck Time (Planck, I add, if you were not aware, was a devout Christian). What occurred before Planck Time is not known. The most recent scientific findings in cosmology have no conclusive answers, leaving us only to reasoned speculation, but it does so from a secure grounding of physics, chemistry and quantum physics, and not from the hopeful imaginings of ancient philosophising superstitious priests.
I’ll spare you the details of my speculations about pre-Planck Time, other than to say it includes the great probability that the ‘big bang’ was not the creation or beginning of reality, (as Lemaitre warned) but just one single event in an infinite chain of events, in an infinite regress.
This view, shared by many, is just as rational if not more so, than any about supernatural gods.

Here’s a few questions that occurred to me while writing:

Did the void have a beginning?
Was the void created?
Is the void infinite?

…edited for clarity…

1 Like

Do like NASH … stop talking to your invisible friends. Ignore your invisible friends. Get some grounding feedback for reality.

Welcome to Atheist Republic Nogba.

You have made a claim, can you please prove that “god” cannot be measured?

Personally, I am of the opposite opinion, because (according to the bible, torah, and quran) god did such things as perform miracles, burning bushes, flying horses, thus god interacted with this world. And anything that interacts with this world can be examined for traces, effects, and results. We do not have to witness it first-hand, but the traces do exist, and they can be tested and examined.

For example, the christian god is supposed to answer prayers. A valid study of the effects of prayer has resulted in the conclusion that prayer has poorer odds than a coin flip.

Such items like electricity cannot be “seen”, but their effects can be detected and measured. The results of such phenomena can be measured and studied, and contribute to a better understanding of this universe. Additionally, electricity fits in neatly (without conflict) with other theories, such as the properties of the atom.

2 Likes

Another idiotic post. I’m here. I cam from my mother. She came from her mother. Beyond that, I have no burden of proof what so ever. NONE. And from this point, what I can do, is evaluate any and all claims that assert an origin for life which is completely different than “Where I came from.” Cosmology is not Evolution.

READ YOUR SENTENCE AGAIN, > everything has a cause and because you see it you must prove it<

Everything in my house is blue. The walls are blue, the furniture is blue, the floors are blue, and even the water is blue. Therefore, everything in the universe is blue. Your logic is so demonstrably flawed as to be utterly and completely foolish.

1 Like

I fully agree, we should examine what we observe and know, and think in order to discover our origins.

How do we do that? We collect and examine all evidence, then through careful thought attempt to assemble the pieces. What we do not do is inject a bigger mystery to solve a mystery.

That is a claim I do not agree with. One proposition being examined by scientists is that the encompassing cosmos (all of everything) has always existed, and our local universe is a product of that cosmos, by an unknown process.

At present, we have an understanding on the origins of our universe, back the Planck time of just before the singularity began to expand rapidly. I do not know of any reputable scientist who claims that this known universe just popped out of “nothing”.

And of course, if one was to propose “something coming from nothing”, then that claim must be supported. That too, is injecting a bigger mystery in an attempt to solve a mystery.

David_Killens, thank you for your welcome.

Everytime we ask a question we find ourselves in another one until we reach mind collapse.
for example :
from where universe came from : they say bigbang.
but whether you have an answer or not it doesn’t matter, because we have an other question wich is from where big bang or X or what ever came from ?
and again, to ask the question it self we need logic, so from where came logic, and then from where came the meaning of the word existance ? untill mind collapse.
The empirical evidence is just an other question.

if the tools of argument collapses, it doesn’t mean god doesn’t existe.
(if you don’t have a microscope, it doesn’t mean covid-19 doesn’t exist). The only Way to proove that god exist is to examine something that mind won’t collapse because of it, like holly books for example, by targiting it you can even prove god doesn’t exist, if you find mistakes.
why go to the impossible while you have this target.

the bigbang is in quran, and the special relativity too. this book has been sent to a prophet in the desert 1400 years ago, how could he have known this ?

you can search and see if the quran is realy from 1400 ago.

special relativity : god says in verse 47 chapter 22 : https://quran.com/22
And they urge you to hasten the punishment. But Allah will never fail in His promise. And indeed, a day with your Lord is like a thousand years of those which you count.

Bigbang : he says in verse 30 chapter 21 : https://quran.com/21
Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?

Bigcrunch : he says in verse 104 chapter 21 : https://quran.com/21
The Day when We will fold the heaven like the folding of a [written] sheet for the records. As We began the first creation, We will repeat it. [That is] a promise binding upon Us. Indeed, We will do it.

I assume you’re using the royal ‘we’. Otherwise you’re just being presumptuous. Unless we had an election and I missed it.

You speak only for yourself. As far can see you are in no position to make sweeping generalisations for/about others.

You know those people who see faces in the mountains of Mars, or the ones who see faces in their toast? What you are doing is similar to that.

2 Likes

I understand the Quran is even more fun in finding amazing scientific discoveries.

@Nogba.

Really? What’s next, Pesher? If you are unfamilair with the term, look it up. Guaranteed to provide years of fun. :crazy_face:

I’m still hoping you will explain how we can’t exist if there is an infinite regress. You said it is obvious, and at least hinted that you would explain it.

if “A” need infinit causes to exist, then it wont exist, because the infinity will not finish, it wont finish because it’s called infinity. that’s what i meant.

Will not finish what exactly?

Also, isn’t this claim different than the one I quoted from you?

Or probably you are blind, since you can’t figure out what First cause is either.

Will you explain what that means or not? It seems very cryptic.

NO! They do not say big bang. Why in the fk don’t you open a book. The “Big Bang” happens ONCE THERE IS A SINGULARITY. The “Big Bang” is a model for the “Expansion of the universe.” and not its creation / cosmology.

You want to know how the “singularity” got there. That singularity that appears pre Planck time where our physics breaks down. And the answer to that question is WE DON’T FUCKING KNOW!!!

Inserting your god prior to the Big Bang is a “GOD OF THE GAPS FALLACY.”

1 Like

a caused by a1,
a1 caused by a2,
a2 caused by a3,

a∞-1 caused by a∞

“a∞” will never happen, so “a” will never happen.

why not? :woman_shrugging:

You should probably be Agnostic not Atheist, Nyarlathotep

I’m both, they are not exclusive.