Why you disbelieve in any deity(s)

@Flyingpig

How does superstition differ from religious belief?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XWsPXoHdhEs

AND
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wdPWe6DSszA

… notice difference???

@Whitefire13

Loved that video about superstitions, and it use the word ameliorate as well, outfuckingstanding…

Herein you find part of the problem theists seem to have with science. They don’t seem to understand the meaning or concept of “objective evidence”.

1 Like

I think quite often they can’t. If they accepted the requirement of objective evidence, suddenly their entire worldview and created reality gets threatened. Many will try very hard to make it work and protect their long held beliefs, but proper examination will reveal a reality that is contrary to their own created one, every time.

1 Like

And this is exactly the reason I why I for decades(*) have said that a good education in or understanding for the natural sciences is a very good vaccination/antidote for bullshit and superstition. It just works. Whether you believe in it or not. And it was the scientific method and results that finally made me decide that I am an atheist, and to reject all religion as superstition.

(*) Two and a half, to be exact. Man, this makes me feel old :man_white_haired:

2 Likes

Ah , you lot are living in the stone age with your scientific material reductionism . That train left the station many moons ago . You all think that physical materialism is all that reality is . Stone age indeed .

In the words of Richard Conn Henry -“ The Universe is immaterial - mental and spiritual. Live and enjoy .

Falsifiability is a relic you lot hang onto while clinging
to your evidence mantras . Boring .

Re: Supersonic Soaring Swine

Yep, that’s pretty much what I expected. Same ol’ tripe as usual… :yawning_face::sleeping:

2 Likes

@TheFlyingPig

ROTFLMAO…that is hilarious. LOL.

Well, its better to be boring, than dumb.

You know what “Dick” doesn’t have? Demonstrable Objective Evidence of his God.

ROTFLMAO.

1 Like

Says the person clinging onto a bronze age relic book written by barbaric tribesmen.

3 Likes

I think the Stone Age was probably humanity’s time of peak spirituality. In our primitive ignorance and we attributed the weather, disease, earthquakes, etc., to animalist spirits. People’s lives were ruled by shamans.

2 Likes

Yair. Plus-----

YHWH started out in Israelite prehistory as a petty war god. Even had a wife called Asherah, a member of the Canaanite pantheon**.

Further, as late as 300 bce a female deity was still widely worshipped in what became Israel. ***

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

My references of which I have copies and have read:

Did God Have a Wife?: Archaeology and Folk Religion in Ancient Israel , (Eerdmans, ISBN 0-8028-2852-3, 2005),[1] is a book by Syro-Palestinian archaeologist William G. Dever, Professor Emeritus of Near Eastern Archeology and Anthropology at the University of Arizona. Did God Have a Wife? was intended as a popular work making available to the general public the evidence long known to archaeologists regarding ancient Israelite religion: namely that the Israelite god of antiquity (before 600 BCE), Yahweh, had a consort, that her name was Asherah, and that she was part of the [Canaanite pantheon]

(Canaanite religion - Wikipedia).

The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology’s New Vision of Ancient Israel and the Origin of Its Sacred Texts , a book published in 2001, discusses the archaeology of Israel and its relationship to the origins and content of the Hebrew [Bible]

2 Likes

@TheFlyingPig

Are we so supposed to be swayed by asinine trolling? If objective arguments and critical scrutiny bother you and your bronze age superstition so much, then by all means run and hide. You have sought us out after all, not the other way around. I can’t speak for anyone else but trying to educate wilfully ignorant theists isn’t my idea of fun.

Again since you posted a peurile trolling piece of evasion in response to it, what objective evidence have you that anything immaterial exists?

Can you really believe throwing your toys out of your pram, is an adequate response to questions you must now know you have no rational answers or evidence for?

Bye then…

3 Likes

Yair.

Especially when such are wilfully ignorant, anti reason and anti science.

Simple stupidity is forgivable as that’s nature and can’t be fixed. Ignorance is a horse of different colour and wilful ignorance is insufferable …

Imo when such inflict themselves upon innocent atheists, they deserve neither patience nor respect. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

@boomer47

I had a long running and repetitive discourse with @TheFlyingPig in the old forum. His attitude was the same there. He appears to have zero interest in honestly and objectively examining or debating his superstitious beliefs. To be honest, I half the time I thought he must be trolling, but then I’d get a sense he was frustrated to find apologetics he clearly found compelling so easily and thoroughly regulated with the most basic reasoning skills.

He’d oscillate between blinkered obstinate and bare denials, and railing against posts without ever actually honestly examining them for validity.

I mean how long would it take someone on the internet to gain a cursory understanding of informal logical fallacies like argumentum ad ignorantiam, or false dichotomy fallacies, yet he not used them repeatedly, but refused to even honestly examine the arguments he’s regurgitated that contain them, after they have been pointed out to him relentlessly, and he’s still using them in his latest posts on here.

It’s like a very small child thinking you can’t see them if they hide their eyes. Except @TheFlyingPig doesn’t seem to have grown out of such puerile delusion, which is more than a little sad tbh.

3 Likes

That’s an answer I would expect .
There’s a whole universe of evidence that reveals the creator . You choose not to see it .
All scientific laws are based on inductive reasoning. All of science rests on an assumption that the universe is orderly, logical and mathematical based on laws that you claim man invented .
It’s all based on philosophical assumptions that science infers . You cannot prove the sun will rise tomorrow, you live by faith that it will . You cannot give a single reason why the regularities in the universe are so . You don’t have a answer as to what started the regularities in the universe and why they should continue . Frankly ,you lot don’t have any answers to the most fundamental questions regarding life and how it began . Still , you can tell us how a bike works and that’s it . The bike made itself , I know I get it .

@ TheFlyingPig
That is kind of true. Science can’t prove shit. Science is chock-full of question begging, circular reasoning, and just plain fiat. Logically, it is total non-sense.

It is complete garbage, except for one aspect: it works like a champ.

3 Likes

@TheFlyingPig

You are not doing yourself service by such a blatant rejection of rational thought and science.

3 Likes

Actually he is… it’s the only way he can hold his god belief :+1:

Edited to add: whatever form of God/worship he has chosen…

As it’s been pointed out, and accepted (because the scientific method doesn’t give a rat’s ass what you believe) theists are scientists too in the various fields of science…including evolution, genetics, technology, medicine, physics…etc.

Whatever sailingswine “believes” (based on his standard of evidence) has an obvious conflict with scientific facts and Theory to which he won’t “consider” - he would LOSE big time in front of Judge Judy (one of the lower standards for evidence to decide cases, but it works for civil disputes)

2 Likes

Well, @Sheldon, you have to take those things on :sparkling_heart: :revolving_hearts: faith :revolving_hearts: :sparkling_heart:. Do not apply primitive stone-age reductionism to something as obvious and irrefutable as FAITH.

/sarcasm (for the sarcastically challenged)

2 Likes