Why did I (an atheist) change my name legally to "God"?

Asthma having a supernatural cause was falsified by science using objective evidence. How does you calling yourself god falsify any god claim?

Oh look there’s god, and he’s a man, not a deity. That’s it god clearly doesn’t exist.

Can you really not see how ludicrous this is?

1 Like

Because you’re madder than a box of frogs?

2 Likes

Poor frogs :frog: :frog: :frog:

God picked on them too -uh. Not this god, mind you, buybull god…

Ok lets test that claim, how have most people reacted to the idea so far?

:wink:

Already went over this.

I seek to help draw attention to this topic.

As I said before, science isn’t without its actors/humans/communicators.

Undoubtedly, asthma was once in the unfalsifiable realm related to deities. That has changed with an update/redefinition.

~God is disappointed in Sheldon

Maybe over 1000 now.
Someone else posted this change online on an instagram page etc.
There are also several facebook interactions.

:face_with_monocle: Hippocrates managed to trigger a change in the understanding of asthma, without social media. I think I may reasonably fair better thereafter.

Who in this forum, both theist and atheist desire to redefine the classic definition of “god”?

• Redefine god
  • No need to redefine god

0 voters

a. :nerd_face: Notably, as Neil DeGrasse Tyson underlines, Science holds true regardless of belief, i.e. equations don’t work due to scientists’ belief or faith in those equations, and on the other end, flat earth belief does not suddenly invalidate gravitational theory. So, be it in science or non-science, belief is irrelevant.

b. I got to atheism by disregarding the concept of belief overall. Belief by definition, means to do something especially while ignoring evidence.

• Scientific thinking contrasts this, so I decided to aim to lack belief in everything. Given this, science still held true, but religiosity/theism lost its appeal for me 7 years ago, as once I sought to delete belief, I found no other attachment to religiosity/faith.
  • There are also cognitive papers that indicate how believers tend to strengthen or substantiate their own erroneous thoughts, regardless of strong contrasting evidence.

Yes, but your response made it clear you hadn’t understood.

As I said can you really not see how ludicrous this is? If you’re struggling Google man changes name to god, and see how many people have noticed.

FYI

Unless this is you…

You’re not even the first.

Why do you keep ignoring the fact it was falsified by science producing sufficient objective evidence? Is it because you recognise you simply calling yourself god is a ludicrous comparison?

Sheldon would be ok with that even if it were the Abrahamic deity, so the disappointment of some Billy no name on the internet is just going to bead up and roll right off, trust me.

So not necessarily by ignoring evidence then. Hence the word especially in the definition. I believe the world is not flat or at the centre of the universe. The reason I believe that is because it supported by sufficient objective evidence. It remains nonetheless a belief. It would be impossible for humans to interact with reality without forming beliefs about it, and yes not al of those are evidence based.

Whatever you do stay away from psychology, I sense it is not the field for you.

Do you believe that statement is true?

:roll_eyes:

Again a thank you to admin for the new site, I used to think emojis were lazy and dumbed things down, but I know see their value.

Yah - exactly my point. Have you falsified or peer reviewed yet? Published in a reputable scientific journal … if not, enjoy your hobby.

Oops - :grimacing: wrong thread… how’s this - I have often used the idea that I am god, that I’ve just limited myself. Didn’t have to change my name, just accepted my limit by my parent’s choosing it for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That is exceptionally dishonest. Your definition of “belief” (1) is one that does not require proof, and the other (2) may contain proof. All you are doing is promoting option number one, and attempting to make it the consensus.

But why do you desire for the name “god”? Personally I would have gone for something more interesting, like “Satan” or “Loki” or with great probability, “Dionysus”, the god of pleasure and partying. Although the Egyptian god “Min”, the god of reproduction, love, and sexual pleasure is enticing. That would feed my ego.

Because all I see is an exercise in ego.

Oh geez, it’s been awhile but I spewed milk out of my nose.

Do you believe the world is not flat?

He is serious, but full of shit.

One more question - does he head into (I’m assuming yes) territory that he thinks the posters don’t have knowledge to make himself feel good or seem authoritive?

Nyar “He is serious, but full of shit.”

Bat shit, crayzee bat shit.

A bit like “My name is Bat shit crazy man

Yes. As far as I can tell; pretty much everything he posts in the areas of computer programming, mathematics, and science is super-exaggerated or just plain wrong.

Notices the exaggeration on the other thread…thanks.