Why did I (an atheist) change my name legally to "God"?

You’re making a comparison that is ridiculous. The superstitious view of asthma changing from a supernaturally caused event, to a purely natural phenomena is based on painstakingly gathered and tested evidence. Not a rather puerile stunt, like you calling yourself god, which simply seems like ridiculous delusions of grandeur.

See my 2016 thought experiment on “A scientific redefinition of God by an atheist”.

The name change seeks to trigger that people perhaps contact the paper above.

As Sam Harris the accomplished atheist says, humans will inevitably make ‘gods’ or god-like machines/software.

Of note: The entire enterprise of science is a large painstaking cycle, notably, constantly undermined by theistic God concepts.

Of note also: As I point out in the same 2016 thought experiment from the link in the OP, I mentioned this in the conclusion:

No thanks, it won’t change how ridiculous it is to imagine theists or theism experiencing a paradigm shifting epiphany because you’ve started calling yourself god.

And yet you think where the massive global endeavour of science is thwarted YOU changing your name to god, will triumph. I don’t see this idea getting any less ludicrous as you try to explain it tbh.

Considering my 2016 thought experiment revealed in the OP, I think it is perhaps optimal that you observe Wikipedia/Thought experiment.

No thank you, as I have already illustrated I find the core concept you are premising ludicrous, no offence. If the entire global effort of science can’t dent the idea of theism, as you have asserted, then it is self evidently ludicrous to think one unknown man changing his name to god will cause the paradigm shifting epiphany science has not. Citing your own thoughts won’t change this in any meaningful way.

1 Like

Well, Science isn’t without its actors/humans.

Similar to how one man, namely Hipprocrates triggered the redefinition of asthma in 400 BC from supposedly mythical to something quite related to modern science, I too seek to ~help~ trigger the redefinition of the old God concept.

Hey, if I legally change my name to Loki, does that mean I can change everbody’s perceptions about Norse gods? :smiley: :star_struck: :smiley: SWEET! Fame and fortune, here I come! :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

His twitter video shows the document changing his name from Jordan to God. Ha!

2 Likes

@chimp3

Welcome to the all new, peanut free, organic, lactose and gluten free, AR brother.

What about “saying” Jesus fuckin’Christ… does that mean theists will imagine…uh…uh…rolling pin,

Um :neutral_face: never mind.

Ahhh - welcome- and I see you are a “pondering chimp”

:hugs:

Hahahaha, it is reprogramming Jordan.

1 Like

I am going to change my name to cunt, and sit back while gynaecologists everywhere re-evaluate the existence of the vagina. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

CHIMP! Great seeing you again! :smiley: How the hell ya been? Good, I hope.

Thanks and I have been hovering but busy!

1 Like

Excellent idea.

Initially was thinking perhaps harmless crazy person… THEN came the script in red. With it a familiar name popped into my head; Dennis Markuze.,

The insults and threats should start about now.

Ad hominems? MOI? Why yes, I guess so. My fault entirely, I’m too old for this shit.A detailed response to each idiotic claim (not arguments) would make me feel much older. I’m going to lie down in a minute.

Wait till he starts posting his crackpot calculus stuff.

Hey, I had forgotten about that little notation of mine. Why do you feel it was incorrect?

1. a) Anyways, nowadays I am working on things like artificial intelligence based Covid19 Detection Tools.

2. b) In fact, I published the world’s first known open source software project, that does Ai based Covid19 diagnosis from xray images:

Another thing I recently worked on, was this artificial intelligence based pothole detector, that is featured by multi-billion dollar Ai involved company, NVIDIA:

https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/community/jetson-projects#ai_pothole_detector