To the Creator of Earthquakes

No, I can’t be bothered. Establish your position and why you got to your position first. If you can’t be honest and open about answering questions that support your beliefs then you are not trustworthy. Anything you say is meaningless if you can’t establish yourself as honest. Even if you are dead wrong, and you are, at the very least it establishes a direction for a debate to even occur.

Your lack of transparency and trying to steer the conversation only to questions you want to talk about insinuates your argument lacks standing to begin with, so why should I bother?

1 Like

Was this just a slow drive by?

@Padster, you can call me a cheeseburger if you like. Arguing about how to define words is a side show. We could accept that we have differences in how we define certain words and then just get on with it.
You came into this string and it sounded like your start was to chastise a poster for using a turn of phrase you found problematic. Okay. It was explained that it was a turn of phrase and not meant to be taken literally. Great. We can either drop that and move on to more substantive subject matter or walk away because the original argument was rendered completed by the explanation given.
A couple of folks tried to move to ‘meatier’ topics but you waved them away saying it didn’t pertain to the subject at hand. Which subject? Your initial comments or the latter ones were you veered away from that. (See what I did there?)
You mentioned that you wanted to chat in this wee forum like an adult. Okay, then do that. An adult typically ignores what they think is childish, they don’t get drawn in. So, if indeed you find some posts childish, why, on earth, did you seem to pounce on them? I don’t understand.
Now, back to theism vs. atheism. You have said you are a theist. Please help us understand what that means to you. What god(s) do you believe in and why. This could actually prove to be a far more interesting conversation than what you started with. Up for it?

1 Like

That is a pretty obvious lie. Unless of course you haven’t been reading the replies to your messages; in which case I’d say it is just really nasty willful ignorance.

To be clear: in my entire life, I’ve never even heard anyone make the claim/argument you just accused Sheldon of making. It is a Godzilla sized strawman, at best.

3 Likes

Well, it has become quite apparent that whatever religious belief Padster holds, it must be highly favorable in promoting dishonesty. And from the looks of it, ol’ Paddy is trying to claw his way up through the ranks… (waving pompomscheering)… Go, Padster! Go, Padster! Go, Padster! Go!.. Yaaaaaay!..

(Edit for mini-skirt alterations.)

These sorts of moves in a mini may expose naughty bits.

I’d recommend using a Crystal Gale-length wig to prevent us from being exposed to this knowledge, like @Padster must be hiding his knowledge of word meanings.

2 Likes