This is how some theist organizations operate?

This type of interchange is exactly the type of thing I would hope for on an atheist website. This is usually not the case on other types of sites. Good to see it here!

No one knows what you are talking about CapriMark1. It helps if you use the Quote function.

That seems like an awfully wide brush you are paint’n with there Cog! ALL =?

I am curious though… you stated, “I worked for non-profits for the majority of my life.” If it was as gawdawful as you so eloquently described…why did/do you continue your career in such a caustic environment?

I was encouraged by your statement that your facts were in fact not facts but were merely your opinion!

Cracks in the façade?

It makes more sense to thank the people who dedicate time to help others, not characters from archaic superstitions that we can’t be sure existed at all.

Maybe if you read what he actually wrote you wouldn’t be offering another straw man fallacy, as he stated quite clearly he was offering a personal opinion.

Even admitting his experience was limited.

I read the post and don’t see the word fact mentioned, and there (emboldened for you) @Cognostic states clearly it is just his opinion. So you appear to have deliberately misrepresented what he wrote to create your straw man, nor is this the first time either.

1 Like

Please don’t ever use my words as a means of praising your god.

4 Likes

His IMAGINARY… :wink: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: …god…

Since so far all he has done is imagine it…

1 Like

LOL… Not sure where we have any disagreement or what “Cracks in the facade?” You imagine you have been exposed.

2 Likes

@Cognostic Well, shit. Can’t leave you alone more than two minutes before you are causing all sorts of muckity-muck-muck around here with your blathering “personal experiences”. Just because I haven’t been directly involved in here the past few days does not mean I haven’t been keeping tabs on your disruptive ass. Ugh… :roll_eyes:

Howdy, Unique. I see you are calling Cog out on some of his usual shenanigans. Good for you. Somebody finally standing up to that flea-bitten rolling-pin holder and putting him in his place. Glad I got here when I did, though. In case you haven’t been warned, Cog is notorious for flinging extra poo at those who expose his nefarious facade. And once that facade is exposed, you DO NOT want to be around (or within range, I should say) once the poo starts flying from it. To say the least, it ain’t pretty. More importantly, however, the party responsible for exposing the facade will be held accountable for the cleanup of said poo once the flinging ceases. Therefore, I strongly suggest you invest in a high-quality HAZMAT suit while you have a chance. You can thank me later.

Oh dear, :roll_eyes:

Tin-Man…the Atheist?
As you know I am new here but I’m not new to these types of… discussions. The pseudointellectual positioning with a scamper to be recognized on the highest self imposed “pedestal” is … common in forums/threads such as this. The usual circling of the dogs acting like wolves has been implemented. :roll_eyes:

Thus far the “exchange” has been inconsequential. Threats, accusations and slurs all in rapid fire postings, mostly in 1-2 sentences, DEMANDING answers to questions that they already know the answer to or questions that they really don’t care what the answer is??

You mentioned “Cog”, he’ll appreciate that, but he seems harmless. :rofl: It would appear, so far, that he is “2nd String”. “1st String” is still in the darkness.

BTW…am I the only (professed) “Theist” on this forum?

Have a good day!

1 Like

Can you demonstrate any objective evidence for any deity, or that a deity is even possible? You see in order for honest debate to occur, reciprocity is required, and since you have ignored all questions about the unevidenced assertions you keep reeling off, why would anyone do you the courtesy of answering your questions.

4 Likes

Oh fuck! Look, look, see my teeth, “Grrrrrrrrr.” Are you afraid now? Look! Look! I have a rolling pin stuck up my ass. (Sticky, slidey sound with a pop at the end.) *Waving the shit dripping rolling pin over my head…“Are you afraid now?”

Can you help me get this thing back in… Tin Man just gives it a boot…

2nd String my aching ass. I’m a solid 'B; team player. I can wrap both feet over my head, stick my big toes in my nostrils, and sing Amazing Grace out my ass. That alone has gotten me kicked out of more churches than I can count. I’ve always been a proud ‘B’ team player. ‘B’ stands for the BEST.

Finally… why are you wasting everyone’s time with inane and useless comments? Are you simply trying to bore us all to death?

WARNING

Okay, folks. Get back to debate without the bullshit or I will have to shut this string down.

1 Like

Talking of theist organisations, and how they operate, and just to show the US doesn’t have exclusive rights to creationist propagandists. Did I mention I had a glossy creationist booklet through my door, advertising a creationism presentation at my local library? FFS, they used a false dichotomy fallacy in bold large letters on the cover “CREATION OR EVOLUTION?”, fucking priceless. Inside it proclaimed without a hint of irony that if we think rationally (yes I think they missed the irony), we can see that evolution is not possible. If I find out this was in any way funded by the taxpayer I’m going to give my local county councillor a proper migraine. Meanwhile I couldn’t conjure the fires of Hell, so threw the brochure onto my very real fire, it burned a treat.

Now if a deity really wanted me to believe unevidenced superstition over scientific facts, all it had to do was make that brochure indestructible, and have it emerge unmarked from the ashes of my fire, that’d be a good start, sadly it burned just like any other paper, oh well scientific facts it is.

I also read that certain Islamic states don’t allow recycled paper in case any copies of the Koran end up being recycled as say toilet paper. Funny, because I’ve read some of it, and toilet paper seems a far more efficacious use.

2 Likes

OK. I was told to “straighten up” and answer some questions that allow “debate”.

These are my submissions, although under duress, that I’m putting forth. I find these wholly inadequate but let’s debate my Google results.

Appreciate the patience!

• To the ancient Greeks, Zeus was the deity who ruled over the sky and weather, and Poseidon was god of the sea

• Crowds gather in Ayodhya, India, Jan. 22, 2024, for the opening of a temple dedicated to Hindu deity Lord Ram, a grand event expected to galvanize Hindu voters before India’s general election.

• Patel’s directorial feature debut, Monkey Man is inspired by the legend of Hindu deity Hanuman, who embodies strength and courage.

Deity Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Seriously… Who cares and what does it have to do with anything?

Seriously? Who cares and what does this have to do with anything?

Seriously? Who cares and what does this have to do with anything?

This is your idea of straightening up? Really? What do you imagine was your purpose in posting nonsense?

I was asked a direct question(s) and I gave direct answers.

Now…let’s debate.

If my submission is disliked or disagreeable please be more specific as to which gods are considered … debatable.

:laughing: :laughing: Nice! I appreciate a good comeback. Although, in all fairness, I’m more like Playdo-intellectual. (But that’s another story of its own.) Still, I always enjoy it when somebody is able to respond in a manner that matches the initiating remarks. Points for you. :grin:

Anyway, to get back on topic as Cyber has commanded, what brings you here to our humble abode, if I may ask? Considering the thread topic, I’m guessing (hoping) you might give us some useful insight into the inner workings of Christian-based “charity” organizations. Personally, I am aware there are a few such organizations/churches that actually do what they can to help those in need. Sadly, though, they are few and far between. I live in the middle of The Bible Belt, and there are some neighborhoods down here that have almost more churches than residential houses. Even in the outer rural areas, it’s unusual to go more than a mile in any direction without running into a church. Point being, all the churches around here, and you STILL have many families around them practically living in poverty, with children who are lucky if they get more than one meal a day.

And don’t even get me started on the Mega-Churches that have been popping up around here over the last few years. Some of those places have 200 ft. crosses (or some equally gaudy artifact) in front of them that can be seen from over two miles away. And they’re lit up EVERY NIGHT with lighting that must raise the monthly electric bill to a small fortune. I know of one that even has a helicopter landing area beside it. Meanwhile, many communities around these “Monoliths To God” are full of families struggling to stay alive. Yep, the church certainly does know how to spread the blessing of the Lord, no doubt. :roll_eyes: I suppose what I am trying to say is, “Please, help me make it make sense.”

(Edit to add: Cog is not second string. You give him too much credit. He hasn’t even been promoted to bench warmer yet. But he is NOT harmless, though. His lack of personal hygiene alone is enough to keep him on the EPA watchlist.

@Unique, you self-identified as theist. Are you willing to identify and describe the god in which you believe, indicate if you think that god is real, say why you think that, indicate if there is evidence for its existence, and, if so, list that evidence?

3 Likes

Those clipped quotes are not objective evidence that a deity exists, or any extant deity is possible? You don’t even say which deity you are claiming exists, or why?

It doesn’t answer my question at all, are you saying Zeus, Ram, and Hanuman all exist? If so why, if not then who cares how many people imagine them to be real, you appear to be offering an argumentum ad populum fallacy, but your clipped quotes are so vague who can say what exactly you’re trying to say.

What did you want to debate about those deities and why, which deity do you believe exists, and why? What objective evidence can you demonstrate that any deity exists or is even possible?

Here is your original claim in your very first post for context:

So as a bare minimum you’d need to demonstrate sufficient objective evidence that a specific deity or deities exists, before you can move on to supporting your claim it or they “ordained all that is written”.

Can you do this?

As that last post doesn’t contain any objective evidence for any deity, it merely talks about how others define deities they imagine to be real.