The truth of scripture in pictures - I'll kick it of

Of course.

Quite happy to argue we’d be far better off without the cunts.

That’s assuming I know what will take its place and that it will be better.

Yes, religions certainly have some interesting hats.

Below are some favs. Egyptians did not distinguish between the real and imaginary life.

If an omnipotent deity steps in occasionally to answer prayers, then I have to wonder why the cunt let’s children die in agony, while their parents look on praying for mercy.

Luckily I don’t believe there is a deity to answer prayers, or else I’d have to tell it what a cunt it is. Though being omniscient one assumes it would already know this…

1 Like

Fair enough then, though that’s an awful lot of salads.

@Bryan Agreed. Prayer has not worked for me…not ONCE! I have prayed for so many thing, but NOTHING has even worked out. I would rather make things happen, then to pray for it to happen.

@boomer47 Not a problem at all. I have no interest in this stuff myself.

But to me, no scriptures can convince me to believe in any God or Gods, even if they did exist. Assuming that God does exist, then my question to theists, would be why did God created us and the world, so imperfect and flawed, such that evil exists, resulting in lots of needless pain and suffering? Answers like “Original Sin”, “leela”, “maya”, etc… do not provide any satisfactory answers, but instead, more questions.

Lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: THATs to hide their alien skulls !!!

1 Like

Modern Day “Truth of Scripture.”

The killing of witches still common in parts of Africa predates christianity by centuries.

Cultures in which such practices remain common have the pervasive belief that all misfortune is caused by witchcraft.

To understand the reason for killing witches it’s a good idea to examine the context and have a look at the persons killed and their place in their society. Such actions are never casual nor unconsidered. It is my position that such behaviour has a reason and its own logic. That I think it’s disgusting is a moral value and unhelpful.

If you are interested in understanding I recommend an oldie but a goodie

Bullshit at work.
Justifying the unjustifiable.

typical apologetics.

I’ve gone and gotten all confused again.

Only got as far as the first couple of sentences from the bloke answering the question.

He said the laws of the old testament were not meant for all time. IE that they would change. I may have missed the point, but that sounds an awful lot like moral relativism to me. :man_shrugging:

LOL - God’s law is eternal in its nature. Psalm 111:7-8—“The works of His hands are verity and judg- ment; all His commandments are sure. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.”

Exodus 12:24
And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance to thee and to thy sons for ever.

Leviticus 16:29
And this shall be a statute for ever unto you: that in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, ye shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger that sojourneth among you:

Leviticus 16:31
It shall be a sabbath of rest unto you, and ye shall afflict your souls, by a statute for ever .

***** Just some of the many passages in the old testament asserting God’s laws are FOREVER!" ****** Now here is the clencher… The New Testament is in complete agreement…

" Matthew 5:17-19
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law , till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

So the bible either contradicts itself or our friend is wrong.

1 Like

Mkay. Can’t it be both?

LOL… I was trying to be nice!

Really. Why on earth would you want to start now? :innocent:

1 Like

Yeah… there is that!