The Grand Creationist Canard List (2023 Revision)

There’s also the joy of such organisms as Rabies viruses, not to mention some particularly hideous genetic diseases. Huntington’s Chorea strikes me as a being a truly nasty one.

I also recall Stephen Fry’s famous riposte: “Bone cancer in children? What’s that about?”

4 Likes

Oh, and of course, I’ve just recalled two particularly juicy species of fly, whose maggots burrow into humans and eat them from the inside out … namely Cochliomyia hominivorax and Dermatobia hominis. Next time the door knockers visit you, enjoy the fireworks when you drop those two in their laps :smiley:

2 Likes

I simply don’t believe you. I think you are full of shit.

2 Likes

Not to mention auto-immune disorders!

1 Like

In fact, let’s test it. Should be easy: I recently purchased a combination lock for a bicycle. Pray to god and have him tell you the combination and post it here.
Here is an md5 hash created from a string that contains the combination (to defend myself from potential cheating accusations):
6f1d7ce32ac8877dc72082e578ce7104

2 Likes

So obviously this is yet another of your circular reasoning fallacies, where you assume your conclusion in your premise. However it is noteworthy that complexity in no way infers design. Also since you are asserting everything is designed, even the simplest things, it is evident your rationale contains an innate and irrational contradiction.

Your rationale is self evidently trying to claim complexity is too extraordinary to exist without a more complex creator, which raises several problems. Things are not equally complex, yet your claim infers even less complex things must also have been created, this manifestly destroys that argument.

Alternatively all things are equally complex, in which case this destroys the notion that complexity is in any way extraordinary and requires a more complex creator. Nor do the contradictions in your rationale end there of course, since even were we to ignore these contradictions, since the origins of a more complex creator would itself require a creator by your own rationale, the only alternative is an arbitrary and irrational contradiction.

And of course there is no objective evidence for any deity or anything supernatural, and complexity does not in any way infer design or creation.

1 Like

Claim

Claim

Claim.

Claim. Please provide admissible evidence for this assertion.

Claim. Please provide admissible evidence for that assertion.

Claim. Please provide admissible evidence for your Christian assertion.

Again that is yet another bs claim. What admissible evidence can you demonstrate for the existence of any deity?

Argumentum Ad Populum, God of the Gaps Fallacy, and Watch Maker Analogy. Provide empirical evidence for your claim that it was your god that created everything (and please don’t state the bible. The bible is the claim, not the proof.)

1 Like

@Nyarlathotep

I can do you one better. I can do this without God. Give me one piece of information and fill one request.

Tell me how many numbers are in the combo, write down the combo on a piece of paper, post it on the fridge, and tell me what’s inside your fridge right now. Put something fucked up in there too. Like a porcelain figure of a monkey. Whatever you want. Something fucked up and noticeable. And let me know what it is.

I’ll read your combo off the paper.

Edit: more than one piece of information

Not a chance, I believe in what I can see, hear, and feel. Faith is the reason people give when they don’t have any other explanation for something they believe to be true.
Faith doesn’t answer any questions, therefore it is a waste of time, energy, and emotion.

Thank you for presenting this, as I find it to be very interesting . . . although your points about hybrid butterflies raise other questions that I’m not 100% clear on.

I’m a reptile enthusiast, and when discussing snake species and subspecies, they talk about “intergrade” snakes that are found in a border that exists between two areas where different species (or subspecies) occur.

So, I get a little lost when trying to figure out the differences between hybrids, intergrades, hybrid speciation, and–in plants–a “grex”. Also, what is it called if a hybrid reproduces with an intergrade?

If you don’t mind, can you sort these definitions out for me, or refer me somewhere where I can look it up myself?

These questions are of interest because when using snake antivenom on a patient, one must know which species of snake bit the patient (there are exceptions, such as polyvalent antivenom), so I’ve always wondered how a doctor decides which antivenom to use if the offending snake is a hybrid, or “intergrade.”

Thank you.

@Kevin_Levitesthis might be of use

1 Like

Thank you very much.