Stephen Meyer - Discovery Institute

Interesting point . . . although I’m sure that there are many, many men who would love the idea that a part of their penis is being worshipped by the masses . . .

I’m surprised there isn’t a bible verse “Kneel and worship the almighty penis”, it’s certainly implied enough that you need one to be of any importance or have opinions that matter. Maybe some bashful scribe, or just one with a tiny penis, left it out of the version he was writing. Or maybe it’s that pesky “you shall not make idols” that keeps there from being a 10 foot golden phallus in every christian church.

2 Likes

Nahhhh, more the fact that most of them would probably get a weird feeling in their own pants if they saw a 10 foot golden phallus. Can’t have none of that homosexual stuff going on now.

1 Like

I have every confidence that the people who can justify and make excuses for the psychotic criminal behavior of their god will have no problem coming up with excuses for any feelings of a homosexual nature they might experience. They might turn it into a holy ritual where they’re being tested and are supposed to feel that way. They’d figure out something. Maybe they could say some magic words and turn yogurt into sacred cum. They do love their magic spells and bizarre rituals.

3 Likes

Apparently that was the case back when Asherah was God’s concubine. But once the Hebrew god divorced that bitch, penis worship was no more.

Kings 23:6-16

6 He took the obscene phallic Asherah pole from The Temple of God to the Valley of Kidron outside Jerusalem, burned it up, then ground up the ashes and scattered them in the cemetery.

7 He tore out the rooms of the male sacred prostitutes that had been set up in The Temple of God; women also used these rooms for weavings for Asherah.

8 He swept the outlying towns of Judah clean of priests and smashed the sex-and-religion shrines where they worked their trade from one end of the country to the other - all the way from Geba to Beersheba. He smashed the sex-and-religion shrine that had been set up just to the left of the city gate for the private use of Joshua, the city mayor.

9 Even though these sex-and-religion priests did not defile the Altar in The Temple itself, they were part of the general priestly corruption and had to g

3 Likes

ahhhhhhhhhh Think of how much more fun it could be to go to church if Josiah hadn’t been such a party pooper. The evangelicals who want to bring back old time religion just aren’t going back far enough in my opinion.

I see a pattern here.

4 Likes