Question 1: Kalam Cosmological Argument

more metaphor! :woozy_face:

1 Like

NOTE: None Given

Poster has no idea of the limits of human knowledge, what a universe is or how to distinguish it from the cosmoses, (What you should do is RESEARCH the "God of the Gaps Fallacy.).

Then you are an idiot. From it’s first premise to the conclusion it is fallacious. (You have no understanding of Planck Time at all. It is not just a unit of measurement. It is that point at which physics breaks down. Causal relationships become ‘spooky.’ 'Time, no longer applies,;

No, we are not at a major impasse. You are refusing to look at facts and insisting on myth. You are insisting on a magical “Who done it.” when even if the universe had a cause, you have no fucking way at all of ever getting to a ‘WHO.’ You have not ruled out all possible natural causes. You have not established that a “Who” is even possible. And you have not demonstrated what you mean by “Beginning.” When scientists assert “Beginning” they mean that moment in time when the universe began to expand. They are not talking about some magical moment of something popping into existence from nothing. WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

This is the classic “Shifting of the Burden of Proof.” No one has to prove there is not a God. We no more need to refute your God claim than you need to refute every God claim that came before your God claim. That which is asserted without evidence can be rejected without evidence. This IS the null hypothesis. There is no reason to believe a claim until it can be demonstrated to be true, or at least a possible option. You have done nothing in either case.

A cumulative case of bullshit is bullshit piled on bullshit. NO! Your cumulative case is exactly the case for atheism. There is not a religious claim out there in the world today that has not been completely debunked (Like the worn out KCA) or that ends up with absolutely (NO EXPLANATION WHAT SO EVER) and ends up as an argument from personal incredulity or a god of the gaps. (I can’t explain it, therefore God.)

1 Like

Also, I think I should clarify:
Is Cumulative Case Argumentation not a good way of establishing weight for truth claims?

I didn’t say establishing truth, but rather weight in truth claims. By WEIGHT, I mean what is more likely to be true.

Now that what I meant is clarified. We can discuss it better.

Can one argument have more weight than other?

Listen :ear:. READ THIS if you have any intention of honesty, integrity and a desire for what is true…

I have a horse :racehorse:. Horses come in all colors. Colors are a result of the light spectrum producing red, blue and yellow. Some horses have been found to have small bony growths on the front of their skull. Since some horses have these specific colors and color is “light”, they are capable of flight. My horse had horns and could fly. It was a bright rainbow :rainbow: color.

1 Like

Is Cumulative Case Argument not a good way of establishing what is more likely to be true for truth claims

Get rid of “not” and you may have a semblance of a question.

Thanks for your response @Cognostic. I do not see here an answer to my question:
Is Cumulative Case Argumentation a good way of establishing weight for truth claims? Yes/No and then please state why.

No you little shit. You arrogant piece of shit! YOU have not address one fucking thing brought to your fucking attention you prick!

GO BACK AND ADDRESS my points!!! Explain HOW THE NIGERIAN letter IS not your method…

OK cool, lets do some composition:

1. Weight - what is more likely to be true

Is Cumulative Case Argumentation not a good way of establishing what is more likely to be true for truth claims?

At best: that is a hot mess.

1 Like

@studentfinalpaper

What objective evidence can you demonstrate for any deity?

You’re still preaching at us, and you are still evading questions, and ignoring the irrational logical fallacies you used in your OP.

Any chance you’ll show some integrity, and give a candid response to the previous objections raised, or answer my question here, which you have now ignored 3 or 4 times?

I guess we have your answer, and sadly it is the usual rank dishonesty we have come to expect. If you had any objective evidence you’d be shouting it from the rooftops, but like so many others before you, you have the integrity to admit you have none.

If you have objective evidence then present it, and stop making asinine assumptions to deflect from the truth.

That’s not objective evidence, it’s an unevidenced assertion. You can’t evidence the claim a deity exists with another unevidenced claim it did x y or z.

Theres nothing to debate, as all you’ve offersd is a bare unevidenced assertion. And you don’t get to decide what is “frutfull” here. You brought your beliefs here, and the burden of proof is entirely yours. What you find compelling is irrelevant, as you’ve already made up your mind, and are clearly not looking for objective evidence here to support your beliefs.

Rubbish.

You used multiple logical fallacies and I’ve listed them, and you’ve revised to address them, and you’ve had more than enough time, but now you come back and carry on as if that didn’t happen.

Theres your use of a begging the question fallacy. Which I pointed out in post 41.

There is a glaring contradiction you used, and again I pointed that out to you 109 posts ago, and you are still ignoring it.

That was 99 posts ago, and you are still ignoring them. So just to hammer home your dishonesty, here’s your response in the very next post…

That was post 51, almost a hundred posts ago. And you have posted multiple times since then.

That’s a lie. You said it wouldn’t be fruitful at this time. Your just being relentlessly dishonest and evasive.

@Sheldon I’ve already gave you an answer your question 3/4 posts ago in my first post today.

Now what is your answer to mine:

Is Cumulative case argumentation a good way of establishing weight for truth claims? Yes/No and then please state why.

I will address your points after we have cleared up the matter of CCA. If we don’t finish one thing at a time. Nothing will get fully explored. I appreciate your patience!

Uh Sheldon and others… BUT I did answer… many times …

The WHYS supporting my answers were around these (post) answers.

He’s dishonest.

@studentfinalpaper

I wish to address “infinite regress”, and how you have mis-applied this term. I even gave a you tip, but you failed to research what infinite regress is. It deals with propositions, not actual physical events with a time line.

Now to prove that in the physical world, infinite regress is nonsense.

I am sitting in front of my keyboard, preparing to press a key. My finger is 1 cm above the keyboard. In 1/2 second I move 1/2 of the distance towards the keyboard. Then, in half of the previous time, I move one half of the distance again. Then, in half of the previous time, I move one half of the distance again. And so on and so on.

But eventually, my finger does touch the keyboard.

Thus, infinite regress in the real world is not applicable, because I can touch my keyboard.

Young person, you have been led astray by your educators. Infinite regress is an argument that applies only to propositions, it fails at it’s most basic level in the real world.

HEY - I think we’re writing :writing_hand: his paper for him.

I’m done. This little shit can write his own paper and think for himself.

Yes, it establishes weight. But it does not establish whether it is true.

Truth is not established by which party can bring the most arguments, truth is established by which party can demonstrate.

The bible is the claim, not the proof.

Thanks for your post @David_Killens I will address your points after we have cleared up the matter of CCA. If we don’t finish one thing at a time. Nothing will get fully explored. I appreciate your patience!

THANK YOU @David_Killens FOR GIVING A RESPECTFUL AND FULL ANSWER TO MY QUESTION. I SO APPRECIATE THAT! YOU’RE AWESOME!

Selective bias!!! Lol :crazy_face:.

David said what he wanted to hear…

Hilarious :rofl:

And he’s “mining” here because software that looks for plagiarism- well, do they search forums…
(Nah…)

Ditto. Although this person has demonstrated a command of the English language, it can not deal with concepts and think for itself. It has casually rejected every valid argument against the propositions, thus completely wasting everyone’s time.

Once again, we see a “student” appear to be willing to learn, but departs having proven otherwise.