Pat Robertson Is Dead

BBC News covers this breaking story here

I suspect opinions on this will be numerous

1 Like

He was worth $100 million when he died. I wonder how much of that came from little old ladies who gave him their life savings and were then reduced to eating cat food while Robertson lived like a king?

(For those unfamiliar with Robertson, he’s the guy who blamed 9/11 and hurricane Katrina on abortion policies in the U.S.)

5 Likes

Years ago I listened to a session of his “700 Club”. He ranted about homosexuality and basically thought it centered on anal intercourse. I’m an MD, Gay and non-ethic Buddhist. The guy is disgusting and ignorant. As a doctor who was educated about Freudian psychology, who read some of Freud’s work in the original German, I would opine that Robertson was demonstrating several ego defense mechanisms. Putting him under hypnosis or running a penile plethysmogram would be interesting, however, these religious fundamentalists are very anti-psychiatry. Both he and Pence have some real underlying sexual issues as does the Former President #45. They are very self unaware and afraid of any process (such as psychoanalysis) that would uncover things that conflict with their ingrained character traits or introjected delusions. Occasionally they act out and like Jerry Falwell Jr. or .Jimmy Swaggart or Garner Ted Armstrong get caught with their pants down.

4 Likes

Let’s get the celebrations tin out of the cupboard!

1 Like

One less fucking hypocrite who took money from people and made himself rich while preaching his lies.

2 Likes

Agree. I watched his “700 Club” once many years ago. He was ranting about the “Gay Life Style” and focused on anal intercourse. As a Gay and an MD I found this to be absolutely “Freudian”. It was a clear demonstration of the the ego defense mechanisms of denial, reaction formation and projection. Pat obviously confuses sexual behavior with sexual orientation and gender identity. They are three different entities. Heterosexual couples engage in anal intercourse. Most lesbian couples do not. Some gay males do not. Does anal intercourse make those heterosexual people “Gay”? Have all the straight men who have anal intercourse in prison suddenly changed to a “Gay Lifestyle”? Did Pat ever hear about how semen is obtained for artificial insemination by cattle ranchers. All those stud bulls must be “gay” because they ejaculate when they get a bit of electronic prostate massage. Pat and all these grifting Bible thumpers are all incredibly ignorant about human sexuality. I am a Buddhist. Traditional Buddhists believe that after death, depending your kamma, you are reborn in one of six states. Really ignorant persons are reborn as animals. I would posit that Pat was reborn as a stud bull at some cattle ranch where he gets to be a real '“breeder”.

1 Like

Hmmmmmmmm I’m picturing more a billy goat. They’re really smelly, and slightly demonic looking.

1 Like

I’m picturing him being reborn as a cockroach or a dung beetle.

2 Likes

You’ve just reminded me of the slime mold beetles, that were given taxonomic names connecting them to George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld. Go here, scroll down to the part covering political and military figures, and enjoy.

There’s also Neopalpa donaldtrumpi, a moth named because it has orange hair on its head. The authors of the paper also drew attention to the moth’s small genitalia …

5 Likes
4 Likes