Is there finally an argument for the existence of God?

Notorious atheists? Notorious? Really?

Are you the designated representative for Russell and Chalmers? I doubt it. You do not speak for them. You speak for yourself. Why do you seem to resist taking ownership of that?

Awareness and consciousness are impossible to measure? I suspect a room full of ER physicians would give a chuckle over that statement.

1 Like

But it is entertaining.

1 Like

And in all fairness @Quim has failed repeatedly to explain when asked, why panpsychism evidences any deity, or even which one? The two philosophers he is offering as championing versions of panpsychism, are both renowned and outspoken atheists after all, he can’t cite them for their expertise on the subject, but then completely ignore the fact that the conclusions they ultimately draw differ so drastically from his own, and all without a word of explanation?

Stop! The silence is deafening!

1 Like

Yeah right… citation

Literally…

These cases are definitely a challenge for any theory of consciousness that depends on very specific neuro-anatomical assumptions.

Now, do you accept panpsychism?

You have been rejecting the idea of experience existing outside the brain, and this idea forms the foundation of these theories. How do you expect me to proceed?

… but that doesn’t change the fact that you are filled with contradictions that remain unaddressed.

Please list the contradictions that remain unaddressed with which I am filled. And, ffs, please make it a simple list not filled with word salad…I’ve run out of dressing.

Edited to add: and what does your reply have to do with the entertainment factor of mocking?

Cool answer, I’m sure we are used to you ignoring this objective evidence by now, but that’ll be because all you have in response is argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacies.

Did you have a point? Also if I begged you could you be vague, cryptic, and not in any way definitive about why you think that link supports that as yet unexplained point? :roll_eyes:

Oh we’ll just skip my question again then, and go straight to one of yours that I have already answered unequivocally multiple times, and that has zero fucking relevance to the one I asked you and you’re pretending to respond to? You are funny fair play.

Exactly as that quote explains, without preamble or equivocation explain why anyone should accept your conclusions they evidence a deity, without any evidence or explanation, when they are arguments from renowned atheist philosophers? Was this not clear? I really need to work on my sarcasm.

It’s just a hunch, but I’d buy more if I were you.

1 Like

@Quim how do you think panpsychism evidences any deity? Which deity are you claiming it evidences?

Why the reticence, you started a thread proclaiming this might be an argument for a deity after all?

LOL, I’d respond, but I’d hate to get accused of mockery. :wink:

1 Like

Quim,

Adding to CyberLN’s question in their post #40 relating to “Which God” are you referring too, here is a list of the primitive Bronze and Iron Age gods, WHERE YOU ARE TO PICK ONE in relation to your posted thread to further the discussion in a factual way.

Azura Mazda, Angus, Belenos, Brigid, Dana, Lugh, Dagda, Epona, Allah, Aphrodite, Apollo, Ares, Artemis, Atehna, Demeter, Dionysus, Eris, Eos, Gaia, Hades, Hekate, Helios, Hephaestus, Hera, Hermes, Hestia, Pan, Poseidon, Selene, Uranus, Zeus, Mathilde, Elves, Eostre, Frigg, Ganesh, Hretha, Saxnot, Shef, Shiva Thuno, Tir, Vishnu, Weyland, Woden, Yahweh, Alfar, Balder, Beyla, Bil, Bragi, Byggvir, Dagr, Disir, Eir, Forseti, Freya, Freyr, Frigga, Heimdall, Hel, Hoenir, Idunn, Jord, Lofn, Loki, Mon, Njord, Norns, Nott, Odin, Ran, Saga, Sif, Siofn, Skadi, Snotra, Sol, Syn, Ull, Thor, Tyr, Var, Vali, Vidar, Vor, Herne, Holda, Nehalennia, Nerthus, Endovelicus, Ataegina, Runesocesius, Bacchus, Ceres, Cupid, Diana, Janus, Juno, Jupiter, Maia, Mars, Mercury, Minerva, Neptune, Pluto, Plutus, Proserpina, Venus, Vesta, Vulcan, Attis, Cybele, El-Gabal, Isis, Mithras, Jesus, Sol Invictus, Endovelicus, Anubis, Aten, Atum, Bast, Bes, Geb, Hapi, Hathor, Heget, Horus, Imhotep, Isis, Khepry, Khnum, Maahes, Ma"at, Menhit, Mont, Naunet, Neith, Nephthys, Nut, Osiris, Ptah, Ra, Sekhmnet, Sobek, Set, Tefnut, Thoth, An, Anshar, Anu, Apsu, Ashur, Damkina, Ea, Enki, Enlil, Ereshkigal, Nunurta, Hadad, Inanna, Ishtar, Kingu, Kishar, Marduk, Mummu, Nabu, Nammu, Nanna, Nergal, Ninhursag, Ninlil, Nintu, Shamash, Sin, Tiamat, Utu, Mitra, Amaterasu, Susanoo, Tsukiyomi, Inari, Tengu, Izanami, Izanagi, Daikoku, Ebisu, Benzaiten, Bishamonten, Fukurokuju, Jurojin, Hotei, Quetzalcoatl, Tlaloc, Inti, Kon, Mama Cocha, Mama Quilla, Manco Capac, Pachacamac and Zaramama, Vera.

We thank you in advance for following through upon this request.

3 Likes

I don’t see Macuilcozcacuauhtli, the Aztec god of gluttony in there?

You’re dead to me… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :innocent:

Sorry, binge watching the Sopranos, I may need to be weaned off it slowly with anger management classes, before I can re-enter society.

Whata ya gonna do? :sunglasses: Bada bing…

1 Like

1 Firstly, you affirm the existence of evidence linking ‘experience’ to brain activity. However, you subsequently acknowledge that experience cannot be measured and we will never definitively determine if AI is sentient or not. As a result, your initial claim becomes unverifiable.

2 Secondly, you assert that ‘experience’ is an emergent property, despite the absence of any known property, particle, or law in physics that predicts the emergence of ‘experience’ in any material entity.

3 Furthermore, you demonstrate a lack of comprehension regarding the philosophical zombie problem, which suggests that there is no discernible material or physical distinction between a human with ‘experience’ and a zombie without ‘experience’.

4 Additionally, you claim that a brain is a necessity for ‘experience’, disregarding cases of individuals with 90% of their brain missing who lead normal lives.

5 You argue that my statement suggesting a stone could possess ‘experience’ is unverifiable. However, you also assert that the stone has no ‘experience’, which is equally unverifiable. You state that you do not need to believe in unverifiable claims, yet you still claim that “a stone could not possess experience.”

6 Lastly, you state that ‘experience’ evolved in the brain, despite the absence of an associated function or apparent benefit in its development. Of course your forget that universe is also evolving.

**EDIT new contradictions

7 Only biological entities can produce experience because they are biological, including plants that have no brain. But if we don’t label it as “biological,” then it supposedly lacks any experience because… well… it’s not biological. When you classify something as “biological,” suddenly the capacity for experience appears.

I could continue by raising further questions about the subject of experience, but that may be excessive. Don’t you agree?

1 Like

@Quim, Please point to the posts where I said these things.

2 Likes

Not sure @CyberLN made any of those claims? Nor do they appear to be contradictory, the closest you come is presenting straw man claims as a false dichotomy, as if the only choice is to either accept rocks can experience something, or make a contrary claim, whereas it is clear one can disbelieve your claim without knowing it is false, especially since there is no evidence experiencing anything is possible without consciousness, and no evidence of consciousness being observed in the absence of a physical brain.

More pointless than excessive, since at no point have you offered an explanation of how this would remotely evidences any deity or which deity? Even were it true, and I don’t believe it is.

2 Likes

Yes, when you have read all the links I have posted

… come on … :rofl:

Ok, good night.

1 Like

Huh? Please point to the posts where I have said these things or retract your statement that I did!

I didn’t see any obvious contradictions, only false dichotomy and straw man fallacies you’ve created.

3 Likes

Where is the contradiction there?

Can you measure laughter? Are you saying people don’t laugh?

@Quim why do you think Panpsychism is evidence for a deity? Which deity are you claiming it evidences, you seem very keen to ignore these questions, why is that given you premised this thread on that very idea?

1 Like