Is reality eternal?

Eternal points to God? Ha ha ha ha ha , What in the world makes you think so?

Another knee jerk emotional response. Yes eternity is real. Deal with it, do whatever you want with that information.

Nice assertionā€¦ How would you know?

Wrong. Reality and truth are synonymous.

OK :+1: say youā€™re ā€œrightā€. Iā€™m not. No human in reality has lived eternally on this earth.

How about I ā€œdealā€ with this by my brains ability to ā€œimagineā€ā€¦ hmmm :thinking: I knowā€¦

I was ā€œcreatedā€ by something about 3 seconds ago. This ā€œsomethingā€ gave me all my memories and knowledge up to this point. Prove me wrong.

BTW - nothing ā€œwrongā€ (love black and white thinking hahahah :laughing:) with emotions! In fact they are very much apart of the human brain. I love my emotions. They give me information (why do I feel this way) and allow me to process information (oh no! My dog died, I am sad).

I am an atheist. I am not a robot :robot:.

Non Reality canā€™t produce Reality. YOU know this if you deny it you are a liar, intellectually dishonest.

Not even close. ā€œTruth is a true statement that is in accordance with reality. It means a fact or belief that is accepted as true.ā€ " Reality is a thing that exists in fact, it can be empirically justified."

Tell me the truth, why are you such an idiot? It is merely viewed as more or less true as it comports with reality. God exists is true to a believer but when examined through independent verification, completely lacks any reasonable form of reality testing and that reality testing which can be done does not support the assertion.

Awesome! So god doesnā€™t exist - whew! Wait - prove it!

Oh :cry: you canā€™t evidence it (with an acceptable standard for evidence). Or the existence of ā€œgodā€. Exchanging ā€œnamesā€
DOESNā€™T create a reality. Otherwise Iā€™ll just ā€œrename my coffee cup :coffee: - Godā€. Hey, I can now ā€œholdā€ god and drink his ā€œspiritā€ - cool!

My oh my!

There in lies a problem (or mid-understanding).

Scientific reality.

That definition (YOURS) includes ā€œreality of the mindā€ (Iā€™m assuming from the few words displayed) soooo for example, I believe that ā€œso and so lovesā€ me (say, Iā€™m a stalker because I have a brain issue with my thought processes) - MY ā€œrealityā€ will have messages coming from that person (via radio or TV, secret messages, etc). Doesnā€™t mean itā€™s ā€œrealā€ (that the person Iā€™m obsessed with ā€œlovesā€ me). All brains are capable (and do) filter and ā€œperceiveā€ information - we get ā€œoutsideā€ confirmation to do our best to ensure our perception matches ā€œotherā€ perceptions.

Anyway -
Thereā€™s this whole scientific field of psychology and sociologyā€¦

Tardfuck does not know the difference between usage and definition. Itā€™s a sad sad sad world.

Ohhh :open_mouth: side noteā€¦ hereā€™s my favorite emotion to process (well the other one is ā€œfearā€ but that more a survival instinct of ā€œthreatā€ kicking in)

I was wrong.
ugh, I feel stupid- how could I have been so stupid??? I hate feeling stupid. (think kids learning in school)

HOW to overcome feeling:

Are you stupid?
Did you know that information?
Are you open to learning it?
Are you free to change your mind? Have you ever changed you mind?
Will you be wrong again?
Are you always right? Are other people always right?
Better learn to processā€¦ emotionā€¦

Otherwise to get ā€œridā€ of ā€œfeelingā€ā€¦

ā€œThe other is wrong (Iā€™m not wrong), the other is stupid and wonā€™t listen to me because they are closed minded and donā€™t understandā€ā€¦

I find it hilarious to see the idea of eternity supporting a cartoon magic man from a goat herder mythology, when several cosmological physicists have actually postulated the exact opposite ā€¦

1 Like

Half the theists who come here tell us that our world must be eternal. The other half tell us it is NOT eternal.

What exactly do you mean by stateless? Is it a proper noun? Why do you capitalized it sometimes, and other times you do not? Do they mean the same thing? Sometimes you write it as a compound word, and other times you do not; are those the same terms as well?

How much total angular momentum does ā€œnothingā€ have? 0? That sounds like a state variable to me. Or do you mean something totally different?

God is not a man in the sky but infinite eternal.
First think of God as a creator, then as a controller, and lastly as an infinite upholder.

8247f4171313a015acd7a46a3cea37da

As soon as you use a word to describe ā€œitā€, then ā€œitā€ becomes something and not nothing. Iā€™m not talking about empty space. Iā€™m not talking about a blank empty black canvas. Universal complete non reality never was. Something (SomeONE God) always was.

My goodness! I like the ability to think and know how to think - I donā€™t just ā€œacceptā€ think of this that and the other thing because a person says too.

Evidence that there is a ā€œcreatorā€? No demonstrable evidence - evolution is the best explanation for observed evidence.

Sorry - ā€œcontrollerā€. Iā€™ll pass on this one! How generalized! Like ā€œcontrol weatherā€??? ā€œControl peopleā€??? Control animals??? What about sigh ā€¦ my experiences with control AND effects of ā€œcontrolā€ on society pretty much explains a lot of the disproportionate imbalances (resources, sexuality, womenā€¦)

ā€œInfiniteā€ Upholder??? Can I have him hold my smoke :smoking: while I sip my beer :beer:ā€¦

Why are you the way you are?

Two mistakes in once sentence.:

(1) Science does not claim to discover truth and makes no claims of absolute knowledge

(2) Logical argument is an unreliable tool for discovering a truth. A logical inference be valid but untrue unless the premise is true. Logical argument always starts with IF Aā€” (I think thereā€™s an exception, but Iā€™ve forgotten what it is.

Why this obsession with truth? Iā€™m aware that followers of the Abrahamic faiths claim absolute, exclusive truths. Science doesnā€™t. In fact the only truth of which Iā€™m aware is my death, which will come too soon. I understand there are absolutes in pure maths, which I donā€™t understand.

1 Like