Is incest for pleasure justifiable?

Read the thread, I already did.

1 Like

Some people are taught about morality from their parents growing up. Religion doesn’t do that. Don’t you find it surprising that a majority of prisoners in America find religion in jail?

4 Likes

Uhhh… What about dead animals?

2 Likes

Get inside the animals, @Tin-Man.

2 Likes

As the taboo, I am not against incest. Even when it comes to the genetic anomalies that arise, it’s not something that is instant. It takes a lineage of incestual acts before the inbred traits appear.

No, it doesn’t. It takes matching chromosomes that happen to activate.

Each carrier has a 50% chance of passing on the dangerous allele to their child, but when a gene is rare in a population, few individuals are carriers. Trouble is, cousins share one set of grandparents. While the odds of either grandparent being a carrier of a rare allele are low, if one grandparent is a carrier, then there is a 50% chance that each of their children (the cousins’ parents) are also carriers. So the risk of a child inheriting two copies of a dangerous allele is elevated compared to non-related marriages since they have a greater chance of inheriting the same recessive allele from their common ancestors.

It does not take generations. It may take generations. You are playing with odds and with each generation the odds get worse.

I like to do my own reading.

To sum it up, inbreeding magnifies the genes in a gene pool. Think of it like a roomful of apples…. If there is a single rotten apple, eventually all the apples will become rotten. The more rotten apples, the quicker all the apples will rot. However, in the end, all the apples will eventually rot. Similarly, depending on the type of genes in the original gene pool, the amount of time for fatal outcomes to appear will vary, but sooner or later, it will create a depression due to those harmful genes.

scienceabc

You IDIOT, you just countered your own bullshit.

No, it doesn’t.