Ideas, Beliefs, Doctrines, Ontologies, and Pardigms

Huh? Please help me understand…which atheist organizations? What do you mean by they oppose theist doctrine in public policy because it’s all they can do?

Belief is supporting a doctrine. In the instance of a supposition, the person is forming a doctrine, and then championing it until convinced otherwise.

Now yes this is a belief I hold, but it is a belief for which ample objective evidence can be demonstrated in the quantifiable successes of those methods. @CyberHiker seemed to be implying that beliefs are all equally unreliable, unless of course I misread the claim.
[/quote]

That is where I stopped reading.

3 Likes

There is no atheist doctrine. Words are used to describe the surrounding word. If you have an issue with a specific word, perhaps you could list it, share your definition and then see where atheists differ. The way to get clarity is to explore, not to make assertions.

Can you show me this Doctrine you speak of? I can show you the Doctrine of any religion on the planet. They are well-defined, written out, and members of congregations even swear elegance to these doctrines. No such thing exists in Atheism.

You are confusing humanism, skepticism, and probably some other things with Atheism. Most atheists are also humanists or skeptics. Now skepticism, far from being an actual doctrine, does have a very specific attitude. Skeptics typically want to believe as many true things as possible and challenge or disbelieve false claims. In doing this they rely on (whether they know it or not) philosophies of physicalism (materialism) of which there are many. I personally prefer methodological naturalism, but I think I also fit the philosophy of Stoicism to a degree. None of this has anything at all to do with Atheism. You are confounding world views with Atheism and making an equivocation error. Most of the people on the site, who call themselves atheists, are “Rationalists” ‘skeptics’ or “physicalismists” to some degree. They follow these philosophies whether they know it or not. Not all atheists even concern themselves with the underlying philosophy of their personal belief system. They don’t care. But these belief systems (WORLD VIEWS) have nothing whatsoever to do with Atheism. Atheism is the rejection of god claims. THAT’S IT. NOTHING MORE. If you are going to attack an atheist based on a ‘world view’ you are going to need to know the epistemology they are using to draw conclusions. Atheism is also not an epistomology. You are like a lost child in a forest who does not even recognize a tree for being a tree. You don’t know what in the fuck you are talking about.

2 Likes

My participation here was suspended because I challenged the definitions of atheism, theism, and belief; and I was accused of being a theist.

I was challenging your doctrinaire. Wake up.

BULLSHIT: You could not possibly be banned from this site for challenging such things. You are a liar, or you are swimming in delusion. If you don’t want to be mistaken as a theist, the best thing to do is stop talking like one. I am already counting you as a theist. Your arguments are from a theistic perspective. Do you not think we have not heard them before? Your ineptitude at using logic and reason are astounding. You will be removed from the site for arguing dishonestly. No one here is going to put up with your inane, un-evidenced assertions and blind bullshit.

You have never encountered the argument that atheism is a political doctrine.

You have never encountered the argument that theism is an ontological doctrine.

You have never encountered the argument that belief is a form of worship.

There is no fucking DOCTRINE. Wake the fuck up! You think there is a doctrine. Cite it. Atheism is the non-acceptance of God claims and nothing more. If you say, “God exists,” and I say, “I don’t believe you.” I am an atheist. To know my epistemology, philosophy, world view, or any dogma I hold, you would have to make further inquiries. Atheism is not a dogma. It is a position on a single claim.

4 Likes

That is your doctrine, and all of the other atheists, except me, agree with that doctrine.

Aren’t you supposed to swing like a fancy watch or something in front of our eye during hypnosis?

2 Likes

And you have not made that argument.

Of course, I have. It is extremely common. Ontology: relating to the branch of metaphysics dealing with the nature of being. This is what theism is about.

Depends on the belief. Demonstrate that my belief, “Looking both ways before crossing a street is probably the safest way to cross a street.” is a form of worship.

WORSHIP: the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity.
“the worship of God”

The trafic light is not a deity.

Unless you are making gross equivocation errors, you can not get from beliefs to worship. It’s not possible.

1 Like

Sure I have. That’s what got this all started.

When are you going to prove this to be true?

Here is why you got suspended: you are unwilling to listen and arguing dishonestly. You are in fact a presuppositionalist Christian claiming to be an Atheist.

As previously stated, “YOU NEED TO KNOW MY EPISTEMOLOGY FOR THE REJECTION OF GOD CLAIMS TO GET ANYWHERE NEAR A DOCTRINE.” The reason for the rejection is not ATHEISM. Atheism is the rejection. Many atheists and many reasons not to believe in God or gods.

I do not believe based on the simple fact that the God claim has not met the burden of proof. This is an epistemology. NOT ATHEISM. The burden of proof is directly related to philosophy and science. These are the foundations of the claim. Belief in the epistemology of science is the foundation of my disbelief. Other atheists may have other reasons. And the fact of the matter is this. To prove me wrong, you must also use my epistemology. There are no god claims that can stand up to scientific inquiry. Ergo, no reason to believe in a god. Now you have a belief system of belief. It falls short of a dogma as it is willing and able to change, unlike dogmas. Provide evidence for the change and science unlike dogma is malleable. So why not argue honestly?

You are a presuppositionalist pretending to be atheist. You are arguing dishonestly and my friend, you will be banned from the site again by continuing your dishonesty. Not that I will ban you , Frankly, I would let you hang around a bit and let some of the other Atheists take a bite out of your ass. But there comes a point where we all tire of your presuppositionalist nonsense and you will certainly be invited to leave.

2 Likes

Interesting :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Having a mod delete a post isn’t equivalent to “suspension”… just ask @rat_spit

As soon as you demonstrate, my opting to look both ways while crossing a street is a dogma.

I’m actually done with this idiot. I have treated him with as much respect as I can muster. He has responded to nothing in my posts. He has a presuppositionalist script and he is sticking to it. This is useless bullshit and a conversation not worth having.

If we were taking a vote, you know which way I would go.

4 Likes

LOL… I see the boss is watching now… I’m betting you are not long for this world!

1 Like

@CyberHiker, what in the fuck dictionary are you using?

1 Like

Atheist is not a political doctrine. Atheists tend to believe in the constitution of the United States and the “Doctrine” not clearly stated in that document but attested to by one superior court after another; “Separation of Church and State.” Separation of Church and state is your ‘doctrine’ and it is believed to be useful by most atheists, I imagine,’ but also by a huge number of theists.

Religions that believe in separation of church and state.

Separation of Church and State - Jewish Action Center

The separation so church and state ensures the freedom of religion as well as the freedom not to believe in religion. IT IS NOT AN ATHEISTI IDOLOGY OR AN ATHEIST POLITICAL AGENDA.

Has this guy been banned again yet?