I don't know isn't good enough?

You are of course “Correct” Somehow you just got lumped into my monkey business… Someone up there made a direct assertion… obviously was not you as “I don’t don’t believe in god or gods either.” In fact, I have given up on nearly all claims of unsubstantiated woo. It has literally killed my interest in most movies, but I absolutely love listening to lectures. Documentaries are interesting. Can you believe I sit and watch documentaries? Now I ask you, how frigging boring is that? Last night it was a little Buddhist guy talking about “mindfulness.” He made one true statement in his hour long lecture. “There is no secret.” The rest of the entire hour he spent saying the same thing over and over and over again in different ways. Yawn… And still the audience asked stupid questions… I mean really stupid questions.

And so why is it “I don’t know,” isn’t good enough? He asked the audience to spend 5 minutes talking to one another on the question, “What do you want to get from meditation?” Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha … Please understand that this is a wrong question. You get meditation from meditation. “THAT’S ALL.”

But “O-knowledgeable chimp, what of relaxation, inner peace, and tranquility?” You get inner peace by being peaceful. You get relaxation by relaxing. Inner tranquility comes from being tranquil. Meditation has nothing to do with any of it. Ha ha ha ha ha ha … Now — be quit! I am trying to meditate! Ha ha ha ha ha ha… Silly humans…! Mindfulness is watching the noise, watching the mind watching the noise, and then wondering where that mind watching the noise is coming from, and then who or what just wondered that, and how did I have that thought, and what the fuck is going on in here and where is all this shit coming from, and who said that, aww fuck! There is that noise again! Fucked up my meditation? LOL>>>>>> Mindfulness my ass!

It’s all pretense. Answers without substance. Like Christianity pointing to the experience of “The Holy Spirit” or “Krishna Consciousness” pointing to the experience of God, Buddhism points to the direct experience of Vipassana, (The Senses). Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha … Like we can trust the senses…
Silly Buddhists!

Why not… “I don’t know?”

I guess. I do too. However, all documentaries have at least an implicit point of view and set of values. Some are far for extreme; I’m thinking of the polemics produced by Michael Moore, and his self described student Louis Theroux.

I once ran into bloke at university who was doing his thesis on documentaries. The title was something like “The Documentary as Myth making”

I’m not surprised that you like documentaries. I do too. They tend to have much different feel than movies. Usually far less dramatic. With luck, the maker has made an attempt at being honest and factual. I watch a couple a week, there are heaps on Youtube. This week, one on the Holocaust " We SHALL NOT DIE NOW"

Well, now I have something to do tonight!

Chimps say the sexiest things.

It’s only about an hour and a half.

There are dozens of documentaries about the Holocaust on YouTube.

Below is a link to a [free] movie on Youtube. Based on a true event ‘Escape From Sorbibor’ is a underrated film, imo. An excellent ensemble cast, which includes Alan Arkin and Rutger Hauer.

If you have the patience to look, there are dozens of free movies on YouTube.
One I found recently is the 1941 old style family movie, ‘How green was my Valley’ (Maureen O’Hara, Gregory Peck, Roddy McDowell, terrific supporting cast)

1 Like

Thanks. I watched this once ages ago. I rewatched it tonight. Excellent.

Enjoy…

My wife and I are big fans of the TIMELINE series of documentaries, we watch one almost every night.

One of my wife’s favorite movies.

Which one? “How green Was my Valley?” If so, is she hasn’t seen it , she might enjoy this one. Chronically Christian, with no sense of Irony I’m afraid. Also free. (Gregory Peck, Vincent Price)