How to deal with a religious family

You are from an Arabic country, so if you want to identify openly as an atheist it’s probably best to move to another more secular country.

Also, it’s okay if you have to hide your atheism and follow rituals. As others have pointed out, a huge population in the world is closet atheist for reasons similar to your.

Checkout this channel for ex-Muslims which is co-hosted by Atheist Republic’s founder Armin Navabi:

2 Likes

It doesn’t sound like you have much of a choice, son. I suggest you continue to masquerade as a Muslim. You need to put your safety first and stay alive.

Welcome to the forum.

Well it was the other way around for me. I happily embraced my Atheism. It felt like it was me that I was hugging. Christianity was not for me period. No religion is. I hated it then and I hate it now. I felt that Christianity is and was bullshit and it was very aggravating to go to church and put up with assholes left and right. The only person in my family that has given me any support about me being an Atheist is my grandmother.