F-F-F FEAR of this and that

Fear is a big business. Fear can sell almost anything. Theism is a fear based doctrine of dominance imo.

The Insurance Business is enormous. “Fear is a big business, ask your insurance broker” (this my own phrase, use it at will and call it your own)

The Fear of war is also an enormous business, this fear sells well and makes huge profits.

There are many examples of a fear or fears. Rational Concern is something I myself try and stay mindful of. Fear in my opinion is an illusion while Rational Concern is not.

Irrational fear could cause a person to: Shit Their Pants, Start Praying, Trip And Fall

Rational Concern could cause a person to: Use a Toilet, Stop Praying, Watching Your Step

“Hands that help are better than lips that pray”

1 Like

P.S

Don’t be afraid to discuss

You mean how Christianity threatens it’s followers with the fear of hell?

Sure. If people didn’t have anything to fear or an idea to be rewarded for their faith & worship from a deity. They probably wouldn’t bother with it. These things are a lure for a religion to get a hold over people.

I thought those words were familiar , I’ve been a huge RUSH fan for over 40 years. RIP Neal.
Here’s one of my favorites, I even have it on the back of a t-shirt,
A pair of working hands can accomplish more than a thousand pairs clasped in prayer.
Needless to say, my wife hates that shirt.

3 Likes

I was lucky to catch them live during Snakes and Arrows tour.

Not many women present at the concert. Many musicians, radio show hosts, actors, hard core fans and others in show bizzz. I felt out of place as a Longshoreman. heh
It was fun.

I have always loved RUSH lyrics, they are one of the main reasons why I took a close look at theism.

Have a good one!

1 Like

Theism in General. christianity to me is just a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy.

Theism in my view is a doctrine of dominance, filled with supernatural claims and other oppressive ways of insulting the intelligence of most rational humans… humans not affected by theism and its fictional tales of fear.

I hold that some opinion. Many of the basic stories in the bible were plagiarized/stolen from other cultures and religions. The creation myth, snakes and the fall of man, halo, virgin birth, self-sacrifice of a god for humanity, it is a long list.

In reply to the OP, anyone familiar with advertising see the same principles applied. They prey on human weaknesses, such as fear, ego and selfishness.

1 Like

Christianity is too easy.

The Old Testament for example is a near carbon copy of the Tanakh.

One of the most known examples of words lost in translation between the Tanakh and the Old Testament: Maiden Mary Vs. Virgin Mary. In the original Hebrew Mary was a Maiden not necessarily a virgin.

Fears and concerns in translations are common in plagiarism. I’m sure many shit their pants over these fictional concerns, some I’m sure died because of them.

What are the 4 types of plagiarism?

The Common Types of Plagiarism

• Direct Plagiarism. Direct plagiarism is the word-for-word transcription of a section of someone else’s work, without attribution and without quotation marks. …
  • Self Plagiarism. …
  • Mosaic Plagiarism. …
  • Accidental Plagiarism.

Here is a vid of one view point about Horus and Jesus , Horus was said to exist about 3000? years before Jesus in Egyptian religion.

On a very boring rainy day, I watched this one. It was a slow burn, but once it got past the tower politics and conspiracies … it was better than expected in the weirdest way.

5 Hours! I recommend to watch it in 45 minute chunks with fatty snacks.

The Unavailable vid is called, Ring Of Power Empire Of The City . it seems to have vanished for some reason. Hmmmm.

1 Like

The song WITCH HUNT from the album MOVING PICTURES is even more relevant now than it was 40 years ago. Neil Peart was an amazing lyricist.