Do a lot of religious leaders understand it's all BS?

The offering plate gets a lot of money. Lots of bleeding hearts trying to “bribe” their deity into making their wrongs and their problems magically go away. That’s a nice thought. Too bad Theists don’t live in the “real world”. They prefer to live in one with a sugar coated topping and run from their problems.

1 Like

Years ago I was the pastor of a small church of about 35 to 40. I worked a full time secular job as well, but the church paid me a small salary. One day my mom called and inquired about my finances. I said I was fine but that things were a bit tight. She then suggested (quite seriously I might add), that I simply “dip into the offering a bit more…” When I pointed out that I could not do that she replied “Oh, come on! You know all you people do that!”

But it’s not right for the “church” to abuse those donations. From what I’ve noticed, that money is pissed down the drain.

Missions are a family vacation & the chuches take renovations much too often, t-shirts & mugs, & festival size events.

They “preach” it’s for a good “cause” and that it’s going to help people.

They act like no one will notice. That everyone is stupid and blind.

Me and a guy at work put that to the test for a homeless person. 5 different churches we called refused to help him. They said it’s because he wasn’t a member of their church. Bullshit.

Instead of building mega churches that money needs to go to actually helping people. Not bullshit.

This is a huge reason why churches need to be taxed.

Agreed. All the things you mentioned are indeed reprehensible, and anyone involved in that kind of fraud needs some serious justice. The worst kind of hypocrisy is hypocrisy in the name of religion. Sickening. Like someone else mentioned; many of these “clergy” are nothing more than charlatans who don’t believe in anything they are saying. Like someone else here observed, many are Atheists themselves. Anyone who perpetrates that kind of evil and then claims to believe in moral absolutes is a liar.

A lot of clergy believe when they start in the church, but lose their faith later, and have no career or training to fall back on. They end up trapped, and have to go through the trauma of their loss of faith alone, terrified of losing their jobs.

Why I wonder did I immediately think of Mother Theresa reading that.

1 Like

I feel like that is all of Christians. I haven’t met a Christian that did apply anything that was written in the New Testament. I was indoctrinated or forced into the religion at the age of 9 by my mother and I was a closet Atheist for a very long time. I don’t think I ever took that religion seriously. It’s all been a joke to me.

I grew up to watch my family members say they’re Christian only to act the complete opposite. My step father and my mother only act Christian when it’s convenient for them. My half brother is the worst kind of Christian. He’s a hypocrite. He thinks he’s better than everyone. But in the past, he’s beaten women and he’s had pre-marital sex left and right. He can’t even follow his own rules.

It’s not just my family members. I live in a small community in Missouri. I’ve gone to church with friends and people I worked with. They all break the rules of their religion.

That’s okay, I’m an Atheist. I was someone that had Christianity forced down my throat as a child. Forced to go to a Baptist church until I was 18 and again in my mid 20’s by an ex wife who fucked around on me and claimed she was a Christian.

I have never and I still don’t believe in Christian Mythology & I’m not a Christian. I don’t worship deities nor believe in their existence. I think they’re fictional and imaginary. I don’t think God exists because there’s no evidence. I think if you have a religion and you claim to practice it. Then you should stick with it and follow the fucking rules of that religion.

If your imaginary Jesus says don’t judge and don’t be a hypocrite. Then why do you guys come on here and do it anyway? Judge, judge, judge, and you all judge some more.

Can neither one of you follow your own fucking rules put in place by your Bible?

The Clergy Project has over a 1000 members as of 2019, and growing.

https://clergyproject.org

This is a nonprofit organization (or is that non-Prophet?), for clergy that no longer believe, but have enough integrity not to continue lying.

2 Likes

The reason so many think the clergy are corrupt and greedy is because some of the most high profile clergy live like medieval royalty or rock stars.

And Fuck them if they are the honest ones who don’t dip into the collections

and send every penny to the frigging corrupt organization that they belong to. Go to any city in the world and you will find the largest and most extrfavigant buildings; the most expensive properties in the city, are the fucking churches.

The reason there are so many corrupt clergy is because corruption flows down hill.

Anyone who collects money on behalf of their supernatural creator of the universe, is already corrupt. That is why I figure it is endemic. You practically have to be a crook to take the job.

2 Likes

I remember, being a kid and living with my dad. We went into the Presbyterian church one day on a Sunday. The Reverend, a woman, said we needed to pray because one of the church employees was caught embezzling from the offering plate and that everyone needed to pray for her. The Reverend said that the authorities had been notified and that this person was in custody.

Looking back. It’s bullshit. They’re robbing everyone who believes on blind faith that a deity is real and taking advantage of them. How is one of them sticking their hand in the offering plate after hours any different than what they’re doing during the service?

I thought nothing happened without god wanting it to?

I often wonder how much money some mega churches rake in on a Sunday. I know that I heard that Faith Assembly announced they made 4,500.00 in a month alone with tithes. It has occurred to me that some people will throw away ridiculous amounts of money in the name of their religion.

Right, lol. From my incredibly jaded perspective I read that as:

A dispute among thieves over the division of their loot.

1 Like

This dickhead’s my favorite:

Ohhhhhhhh, good choice. Copeland’s avarice is so conspicuous and limitless that he’s a standout even among that greedy lot. Still, some of them are worthy competition. Benny Hinn for example. A casual search of wealthiest pastors turned up some disturbing results, there were several extremely wealthy pastors in Africa and one in Malaysia. It spreads like cancer.

He acts like one of those crazy religious assholes where I live. Spouting off nonsense left and right. Wait, that’s most of the Theists we get on here lol. Imagine that.

…and they have the nerve to not forward the money donated at church to God!

1 Like