Complexity? Really?

Now we all know “how you get” when someone implies you’ve strayed from the truth, but that’s a whopper, a porky pie, a howler, your pants have completely burned away, they’ve gone nuclear…you sir lied, as right there. the assertion there are a host of good reasons to believe something, obviously implies it is probably correct, and you have offered nothing to support it, beyond an appeal to authority fallacy, and an argumentum ad populum fallacy, citing the subjective religious beliefs of “most biblical scholars” about claims for magic.

I think we all already know the answer, but do you consider your relentless lying to be civil discourse, in a public debate? How about asking someone who quotes a demountable lie you posted, if you can call them an imbecile, civil or uncivil?

1 Like

Yes, I noticed - 20 characters.

To be fair, Sherlock has a point.

Please be civil folks.

2 Likes

I agree, for example I think @Sherlock-Holmes demanding others answers him, and lying they’ve not answered, while dodging questions and rational arguments, and lying that he has answered them, is uncivil behaviour in a debate. I also think asking someone if it is ok to call them an imbecile is pretty uncivil.

Sauce for the goose etc…but yes I agree being civil will take one less thing for him to use as evasion.

2 Likes

Bumping this, as it says it all really.

1 Like

Bump all day, I’m done with you after the degree of personal attacks from you, it’s just ridiculous.

lol I love it when you play the victim. Remember, you came to us.

So exactly why did you come back to AR to have pissing match with a bunch of atheists? Is your faith in your god really that weak where you need atheists to verify what little beliefs you already have in your god?

1 Like

I’m discussing atheism and its shortcomings as a philosophical and rational position. If this is more like a church where dissent is not appreciated and obedience to the atheist doctrine is never to be questioned then rename the site to Atheist Temple.

Sorry but I always felt growing up that organized religions like Christianity and Islam were just fairy tale stories being lectured to be real. Plenty of short comings there too. Just anecdotal evidence and inadmissible and unproven fairy tale stories to brighten your day while they sing songs about your sky father at your local church.

Atheist doctrine? Wow. When did you pull that one out of your ass? Still hung up on your very own atheist definitions I see.

3 Likes

You’re not “discussing” anything, you’re peddling the usual tiresome blind assertions as if they constitute fact, and demanding that the rest of us genuflect before this discoursive inadequacy. No one here with functioning neurons is fooled by your masquerade, especially not those with knowledge of your track record here.

Bollocks. NOT treating unsupported mythological assertions uncritically as fact, is inherently rational. It’s the application of the proper rules of discourse to those assertions, a process that is manifestly alien to you.

Bollocks.

We don’t have a problem with competing ideas, provided that those ideas are presented honestly. What we do have a problem with, is egregious discoursive mendacity of the sort you’ve been displaying here ever since you arrived.

Again, bollocks.

Oh wait, whenever we challenge mythology fanboys like you to provide actual genuine examples of this so-called “atheist doctrine”, the mythology fanboys either run away, or peddle well-known and repeatedly destroyed lies on the subject.

Does presenting a spectacle of yourself before a global public audience, as being sleazy and underhand, give you some sort of perverse erotic thrill?

2 Likes

I’m always impressed with the cult like use of the collective “we” I see used by atheists in these kinds of forums, as if the atheist fulfills the same role as the priestly class did in days gone by, the elite arbiters of truth, the experts we can trust, the supreme council of truth!

Not as big a thrill as your abusive armchair ad-hominem gives to you.

Oh look, fake projection time, and fatuous at that.

What part of “the membership of this forum manifestly consists of multiple individuals, and the plural is therefore apposite” flew past you in your eagerness to post more infantile playground ripostes?

Failed projection again …

Failed projection again. We merely claim to be honest and diligent, and back that claim with relevant evidence.

Oooh, snark from the mythology fanboy. How cute. Not.

Calling you out on your manifest lies isn’t “ad hominem”. Learn this elementary concept quickly, before making an even more sordid spectacle of yourself before a global public audience.

Also, your sad attempt to project your own inadequacies upon me fails yet again.

3 Likes

Bumpity bumpity bumpity bump…

2 Likes

God had no beginning and has no end so far as I can understand it all.

JYrZOW4

4 Likes

You really couldnt make it up… oh wait…

3 Likes

So you have the ability to understand that which is unknown. How in the hell did you come to the conclusion that this God thing you speak of has no beginning or end. Please share your evidence. Exactly how do you justify your ‘UNDERSTANDING,’ outside an ignorant unsubstantiated guess.

2 Likes

Then perhaps he can reconcile that assertion with this earlier one he made:

Ooopsy, CONTRADICTION a game for 4 or more people…be prepared to be amazed and perplexed… :innocent:

Or how about this one:

3 Likes

Sheldon That blatant straw man fallacy is another lie, it’s bizarre you turn into such a crybaby when your lies are pointed out, but keep lying so blatantly, quote a single post of mine ever making that claim or admit you just told a brazen lie?

Bumpity bump, more duplicity never revisited after the lie was challenged, I shan’t even feign surprise at how quickly he moves away from such lies.