Complexity? Really?

I don’t believe you.

You have repeated demonstrated your overwhelming ignorance.

You are not a scientist in the most basic of understanding of Science.

I think you have taken this word and appropriated it for your bad-faith distortions of reality … :arrow_down:

2 Likes

For sure. Could you please supply the exact definition you are using so I can perform some calculations? Or are my suspicions accurate; that you are just hand waving? I’m already convinced the latter is the case, but I’d be willing to reverse course if you’d throw a bone my way.

2 Likes

Then you should have said an hypothesis is the same a theory, as an example of a stupid claim.

That’s just a subjective claim, I do wonder as a “trained scientist” why you keep using the word proof as well, rather than evidence?

So we don’t know what the state was prior to big bang, yet you think it is a credible explanation to make claims based on us not knowing, still not seeing the problem are you? What is it about the phrase I don’t know that makes it anathema to religious apologetics?

And you know this how exactly? Dear oh dear, I hope you didn’t expend any money on this scientific training, I really do.

You don’t know what (if anything) existed before the big bang, and yet are making sweeping claims based on not knowing. Does this really need to be spelled out to a “trained scientist” before you desist from these risible absolutes? It goes without saying that none of this remotely evidence any deity.

We must do no such thing, that’s a false dichotomy fallacy if ever I saw one, I feel I now must press you for details on this “scientific training”, was it from a theological college by any chance? I mean really, page after page after page, and here we are back at your original god of the gaps polemic, this is poor stuff.

The derogations were based on your arguments and claims about science. Your unevidenced claim is a pretty obvious attempt to create an appeal to authority fallacy, It was you who introduced the unevidenced claim, and now when questioned want to pretend it has less relevance than your arguments, when it was precisely the poor nature of some of your claims about science that prompted you to offer the fallacy? In my life I’ve met plenty of people who were well trained, and none the less clueless for it btw.

You derided me for asserting there are scientific facts, I asked you if you really believe science does not know anything to be true, you failed repeatedly to answer. I find your claim more and more dubious I must say, or your grasp of language is being outdone by such hubris.

Yet you felt the urge to boast about scientific training? What does that imply?

What did you search for?

He’s scientifically trained man, course he fucking knows… :sunglasses:

Anyway now I say that, in what field, where, and what academic qualifications have you achieved @Sherlock-Holmes, if you don’t mind me asking?

Oh I have no scientific training at all btw, before you ask. Not unless you count GCE O level in physics and biology of course? Oh and I had a chemistry set as a child?

I think he may be misusing the word proof, I did query this earlier, and got no answer, but then I am not “scientifically trained”.

Why so coy, it is very relevant or you wouldn’t have made the boast.

So you raised it, but when challenged to evidence it, it suddenly becomes irrelevant? Hmmm…

We were, you didn’t like the inferences, and so made the claim??? A claim that is now inexplicable irrelevant when you’re asked to evidence it. You must see how that looks right?

Oh I’m not remotely scientifically trained, but I can take a pretty good stab at that one… :innocent:

…aaaaaand yet you made the claim, Watson you astound me!

Is that why you raised it in a public forum?

That reminds me I have a Nobel prize in…er…something, but I refuse to discuss it. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Me? I’m just a rural red-neck, BUT you don’t see me bragging about it to, you know, impress you all with my vast knowledge on a variety of subjects!

3 Likes

I only used it to ask another what he meant by it, if I used it in another way (and I might have) then please quote the sentence and I’ll be happy to explain.

"Gooal’!! Oh, no the score has been disallowed, team god have removed the goalposts and set them up in the next field over…

5 Likes

Quality, see this you fuckers, make me larf and you get the lurve…kudos…a single sentence that has all the hallmarks of the basis of a Monty Python sketch.

2 Likes

This is the kind of answer I expect if I ever get the details from the argument that we can’t make the basic components of life. In the end is it going to boil down to we can’t make atoms/molecules out of nothing? If that is the case I wish they would just save us a lot of time by starting with that; instead of having to pry it out of them, one layer at a time, just to reach a jackpot of dogshit.

5 Likes

I’ve decided to not send anymore responses until you provide this proof you repeatedly told us exists (or amend your claim). I don’t think you are serious.

1 Like
  1. All scientific theories are expressed with reference to laws and material quantities.

We can’t make life.

I can’t make a cake, but if anyone is going to suggest this infers it requires supernatural magic, then I’m going to clutch my belly, kick my legs in the air, and laugh my cock off.

Another tedious and asinine god of the gaps polemic.

Argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacy again, and we have irrefutable objective evidence that humans evolved like all living things.

2 Likes

The deity simply died (no evidence of “no beginning/no end”) and the evolved material universe that resulted in “we” are just “body parts”. BANG :boom:

2 Likes

We can’t? My parents did.

5 Likes

Can you post the whole thing?

1 Like

Is it not obvious he has no idea what a ‘Law’ is?

2 Likes

Er, scientifically trained, ahem!

At least he hasn’t said we can’t have laws without a law giver, I can feel my piss boiling at the mere prospect of such facile idiocy.

2 Likes

That sounds more like a plea to the very hard working and talented teams all over the world who are working on and (if the academic papers are true) getting very close to doing it.

Of course that means fundamentalists like our guest that I quoted will have to find another theist rock to die on or crawl under.
BTW the “creation” of life is expected within the next 10 years.

I so want to see that happen.

4 Likes

Yet. We can’t make life yet.

3 Likes

I think he means, ‘We have not yet discovered the process by which life came about.’ It’s kind of like that ‘Law’ stuff he was not understanding earlier. To make, requires a maker. Why would we make something that simply occurs naturally? Guess what? The list of shit we didn’t make is frigging long. When you get right down to it, no one has made anything. The best we have done is restructure things that were already here. A lot of stuff was already here. What exactly does he mean “Make Life?” When was life ever made? So the argument is… We can’t do something that occurs naturally, therefore God? We can’t do something that has never been done before, therefore God? I’m not understanding the argument. I have never set foot on the moon, therefore god? I have never caused a tornado, therefore god. I can’t make it rain, therefore god? Is this really the best he can do?

7 Likes