Armed Guards at Local Church

Almost as if they live in a country with a staggeringly high rate of gun ownership, again you seem to be resorting to a false dichotomy. You understand that lax gun laws result in a proliferation of guns making to easier for criminals to own them right?

How people feel about their guns, seldom reflects the facts. For example the notion that buglers won’t cross state lines to obtain guns more easily seems unlikely. So even prima facie that seems like an uneven playing field.

I also may have missed some of the irony and sarcasm in your replies, my apologies, it’s been a busy morning.

Yes I actually do understand that, were they easily obtainable I might well own one myself, though I would still rather they were not easily obtainable of course.

I could snarkily ask why they need to do this if god can protect them from covid. But I have a stepson who lives in small-town, IL and their little church has men take turns being the guard at their church because they are all heavily armed at all times. His wife is a nurse and her place is quite elevated in their congregation. One thing we can say for sure is that the right is very good at making white people afraid of “those people.”

5 Likes

lol they have no faith in their god. They worship at the altar of Smith and Wesson instead to protect them. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes. God gave us guns for a reason. The lord helps those who help themselves…and let us not forget the “plan”. 😵‍💫

Edit to reload

2 Likes

I would go one step further and say they are good at making white people afraid of any and everything. (Immigrants, gays, communists, science, books, women’s rights, climatology,
soccer, gun legislation, atheism, balloon animals, baby-eating democrats, Tin men, chimps, and of course my favorite…birds) :scream:

Edit: boogeyman

1 Like

lol reading about armed Churches is making me feel like I should join the anti gun movement. I’ve always supported the 2nd amendment, but this is a new low. I don’t like the idea of silly bitch ass theists arming up at their church gatherings like the religious extremists they are.

1 Like

Aaaaaaahhhhh!

1 Like

Update…
Apparently, I’m not the only one in the neighborhood who takes umbrage at the notion of an armed guard at the church.
The church rep told me (via email) they are posting the armed guard because of the church shooting in Irvine, California last May.
He also did not answer my inquiries about what kind of training this guard would have.
They did, however, change one thing…instead of one armed guard, they’ve decided to have two.
BTW, to address what’s been said in a few responses to this string, 99% of the folks attending this church are not white.

1 Like

Damn Hawiians are at it again huh! Fucking idiots. I don’t know why we don’t just nuke them off the planet. L. Ron had a great idea when he decided to send Xenu to drop atomic bombs in volcanos. What in the hell is wrong with the white people in Hawaii? Have they not learned a damn thing about racial equality? White people are just more equal, after all Jesus was white. You would think the white people in Hawii would have learned a thing or two about controling the indigenous population from the mainland. Hell, even Austraila got it right and all they have ever doen is invent the boomerrang. Nuke the Hawiians. That’s what I say.

This brings back memories of Waco. Religtards with guns.

1 Like

Great, two nuts are always better than one.
Interesting non-white factor, but this does not change my opinion about the fear-mongering on the right. My first example was Richard Nixon’s “law and order” campaigns about “the hippies and the blacks.” Fear is such a great motivator if a potential perpetrator can be identified to the satisfaction of the gullible.

Edit Tricky Dick

1 Like

lol

047499cf0320f777897004b1728b4ee5

6 Likes

Not to nitpick or anything, but it probably should read: “ Never trust anyone with a bible in either hand”…

Edit whosoever believe that blah blah blah

4 Likes

Update…

One of the church peeps came by last evening with a box of sweets and a letter explaining their reason for the armed guards.
In the letter they cited an incident at a church in another state, last year, that had a gunman attack on a Sunday during services.
This church’s membership got scared so hired these guards. (Still don’t know what the guards’ credentials are, they wouldn’t answer that question.). They also thanked us for being good neighbors. Da fuq?

Well….sigh…the likes of Kyle Rittenhouse scares me but I don’t think I’ll head to any gatherings armed just in case he or his ilk attend as well.

Shootouts in a crowd…fun times.

Cha cha cha changes….

1 Like

A box of sweets? They tried to bribe you with candy? Man they really are stuck in the 1800s. Don’t they know chocolates are cheap now?

I would still want some credentials on who those people are. I mean, if they are contracted security shouldn’t they need some kind of licensing and insurance?

I suspect the only way I’ll find out is to ask the guards directly.