Answers About God From A Famous Ex-Atheist

Very few bee species make honey. And that is where I stopped reading, as with that paragraph you were obviously incapable of making any sense.
In addition it is obvious that you lack sufficient general knowledge to make it the library where you might acquire some.

no, man. At first I was like maybe, let me look it up. No, I said that to make a point.

what I said is technically not how math works, correct, iā€™ll give you that, my bad, I was just trying to prove the point around that statement. That being said; when you apply math to human consciousness (not divine) there really are no rules.

if you take a lion, and increase their consciousness buy 1%, it wont mean a lot because they are not that intelligent, so 1% is not that much of an increase.

Take a human, who is the smartest thing on the Earth, and increase the consciousness by 1%, and it would mean so so much, so much.

so yes, if you know math (and the human consciousness) you would see the 1% to a human would be a lot, so what about 90% more. Think about who you are now, and increase it by 90%, that is godly and was the point I was making. I donā€™t believe in gods or divine powers, they would just be advanced beings. I see myself as a 10, I would look at them as 100. Not that I am less than them, Iā€™m just farther back on the ā€œassembly lineā€ and havenā€™t made it to the point they are at, yet

To everyone: If you are focused on the fact that I used the 10% thing to try and make my point, then you will not see the point. Itā€™s not about the argument but rather I was just using something a lot of people have heard of, to make a point about something most people canā€™t see.

Whatā€™s the point? You arenā€™t smart enough? I donā€™t see how you are measuring consciousness? What matrix?

Dawkins asserts the ā€œMeasurable difference in DNAā€ between a Chimpanzee and a Human Being is 1%. " Then he says to ā€œImagine a race of aliens with a 1% advantage over us.ā€

Perhaps making your point with something that is actually measurable would be a better tactic?

I donā€™t really feel like learning quotes yet, so I numbered them.

1. I donā€™t really know how you donā€™t see that I agree, I was talking to the people who call themselves atheist but can not see the difference between a creator and a god. I believe evolution is our creator, but for crazies sake, an alien could have came down and injected one chimp with something and now we are here, there is no way to disprove that, no way, but a god, that is a made up concept of what a creator could be. Atheism should only be about disproving the CONCEPT of a god, not a creator, or interferer or whatever.

What Iā€™m saying is that most people donā€™t see the difference. you do and is why you said what you said, but as a person who has been writing this stuff on youtube (not an atheist forum) for a long time, Iā€™m telling you that 95% of people donā€™t see the difference between a creator and a god, we are conditioned to believe they are the same thing.

1. Ok, Iā€™m starting to catch this theme with you. you are not so much correcting me vs. helping me further understand with words what it is that I already believe. Anyways, so why when I ask someone what they believe, do they say they are agnostic. If a+gnosis is about knowledge, why do I only hear it in a religious/non-religious context? The answer to that is why I said what I said. Iā€™m ok, with agnosticism being a thing, I have a problem with it being a religious thing like people do. Why do you think there is so much confusion with that word?

2. Iā€™m not really understanding what you are saying, which I assume means no Iā€™m not being the twat, but I will elaborate. People are always worried about what other people think about them, everyone, itā€™s just how much do you care. Most people build themselves off what other people think, and when we argue (we= all people in general) we try to seem like the smartest one or be the first to say that one thing everyone already knows, and in that pursuit of having the biggest and best ideas, we forget about the little things. You ever heard someone say, ā€œletā€™s get back to the basicsā€

After reading the next one, Iā€™m just going to finish like this.

I already agree with you on everything except the a+gnosis thing, I did not know that and I will be able to make my arguments better now, thank you. I said at the beginning, Iā€™m a thinker, not a WRITER, NOT A WRITER. I was not here to try and prove points (I did make some that werenā€™t the best, agreed) but Iā€™m here to simply to make people see the other 90% as something more. That part of us that controls our legs, eyes, moth and fingernails, can be repurposed to make you something more. It just canā€™t happen in our lifetime, we only live 70 years on average. but what we can do is think about it and when we do get there, it will be easier

Honestly, I forgot about something when I came here, there was a reason I stuck to YouTube all those years. I may understand it all, but I am not good at communicating it(to smart people). the reason you misunderstood what I was trying to say is because what I write isnā€™t meant for people like you. Even though there is a message in there I want to share, I personally am not at a point in my writing where I can communicate with the people on forums. The way I write is to help the people who started out like me and will only see the truth if it is explained a certain way. Part of my goal over the last 7 years has been to try and wake those people up.

I use cognitive dissonance to my advantage. If they are ready, their mind is ready, from experience, all I have to do is say one thing, like the stuff you pointed out, and then Iā€™m done. They will read that one thing and then over the next 5 years it will make itā€™s way in, logic always does. I donā€™t need to see the results, from experience, if you let logic do itā€™s own thing, they wont feel like they are being forced to believe something and will accept it easier. If religious people can go through the shame of wasting there life on something in private, they will be more incline to do so. You can be talking to someone and they start to understand, but they will still hide it because they donā€™t want to look like they were dumb for 30 years. It is mentally embarrassing to find out you have been wrong for so long, and people will reject it just because of that feeling.

I understand what I do because I focused on people and you are kind of a by-the-book person, something I kind of want to add to myself now. I was always about what feels right, that stuff is harder to put into words.

Thanks for your time and caring enough to call anything out.

I was watching a documentary about space and they were talking about the biggest thing in the universe. They were talking about how it is so big, that every since the universe started, the light from one side still hasnā€™t reached the other side, and then proceeded to tell me itā€™s measurements.

If light (which allows us to see stuff) is limited to the speed of light, then how can we measure it if the light hasnā€™t even made it to the other side, or us?

Hercules-Corona Borialis Great Wall.
I was watching Asmongold react to it, here is link and time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Pt65m6bw8 8:24

You answer that, then I can explain more of what I meant

Evolution is not (NOT) a creator. It is not (NOT) a theory of the origin of life. Evolution is an explanation for the ā€œDiversity of Species.ā€ YOU ARE WRONG!

People do not want to admit they are atheists. They are chicken-shits who want to play it safe, be friendly, not rock the boat, and avoid having an opinion. There is a FACT. The proposition ā€œGod Exists!ā€ is either true or not true. That is a fact. You either believe it is true or you do not believe it is true. Professing to not know is exactly the same thing as saying you do not have enough information to believe. Especially if you do not make the assertion that you believe anyway - without enough information. Agnosticism is about what you KNOW. Atheism is about what you BELIEVE.

1. People are NOT always worried about what other people think. You will be a much happier person once you figure out you are an idiot. You donā€™t have to be the smartest person or the first to say something or have the best idea. Stop worrying about other people and what you think they think of you and you will be a whole lot happier in life.

I donā€™t see how. Do you even recognize it in yourself? If ever there was a candidate for The Dunning-Kruger Effect it might just be you.

Light and the Universe??? Answer? You did not ask a question. What is your native language. Obviously it is not English.

Iā€™m not sure what you are watching and I donā€™t really care. Something about light trying to travel across the universe. Does the video take into account the fact that the universe itself (THE SPACE OF THE UNIVERSE / THE DARK MATTER / not the planets and stars) is expanding faster than the speed of light?)

"In the November/December 2015 edition of StarDate Magazine, I quote Merlin as follows, ā€œAstronomers see the earliest galaxies as they looked about 13 billion years ago. Since the time when those galaxies emitted the light that astronomers now detect, though, space itself has expanded, so the galaxies are now 48 billion light-years away.ā€

If those galaxies are moving away from Earth at nearly the speed of light, you would expect they could only be about 26 billion light-years from Earth when we detected their light of 13 billion years ago. So, those galaxies moved at least an ADDITIONAL 22 billion light-years away in the 13 billion years it took their light to reach us. Is space expanding 1.7 times (or more) the speed of light? I thought the expansion of space itself only exceeded the speed of light during inflation at the very beginnings of the big bang." ā€œThe quick answer is yes, the Universe appears to be expanding faster than the speed of light. By which we mean that if we measure how quickly the most distant galaxies appear to be moving away from us, that recession velocity exceeds the speed of light.ā€

What exactly are you referencing by the word ā€œITā€ in this sentence? The universe or light? What is ā€˜itā€™ you think we can not measure?

And if you are not clearā€¦ why not googleā€¦ ā€œHow do we measure the size of the known universe?ā€
How big is the universe? | Space.

orā€¦ How do we measure the speed of light?
https://www.google.com/search?safe=active&rlz=1C1NHXL_enKR703KR703&sxsrf=ALeKk034GrSV_RHdN9gYXWCAmr05StpOTQ%3A1605293402382&ei=WtWuX-TnFsiNoAT9wL2wAQ&q=how+do+we+measure+the+speed+of+light+in+space&oq=how+do+we+measure+the+speed+of+light+in+space&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIICCEQFhAdEB4yCAghEBYQHRAeOgQIABBHOgUIABDJAzoGCAAQFhAeOggIABAWEAoQHjoJCAAQyQMQFhAeUIYXWJ0rYMsuaABwAngAgAGRAYgBqgmSAQMwLjmYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6yAEIwAEB&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjk_Ij4l4DtAhXIBogKHX1gDxYQ4dUDCA0&uact=5

1 Like

If everything I said bothered you so much that you had to ack like that, why did you even reply, why would you do that to yourself. The fact that you even act like that means, you donā€™t even see that you dealing with me was worse for you, than how much you were ever going to help me talking like that. I like your passion but you have to look out for yourself. From what I read, your reply will be, I know how to look out for myself or something deflective like that, Iā€™m sure.

If someone writes something as big as I did and starts it with, " Iā€™m not a writer" maybe you shouldnā€™t take everything said so literal and try to understand the point I was trying to make behind all the shitty writing I did.

I also realized that, my fight isnā€™t in atheism anymore. I understand something that fucking feels amazing, I choose it over love and sex, trust me, itā€™s amazing. I use to argue religion and god all the time, I have been trying to use those arguments to show people something that has nothing to do with atheism/dismissal of god. Iā€™ve been arguing religion so long, itā€™s the only way I know how to do it.

I now see that and realize I need to work on separating the 2 things, I took the easy route. The reason I took the easy route, is because if you understand religion and god the way atheist do, itā€™s my best chance to get people to see what Iā€™m talking about, on the other hand; on a forum like this, people are not trying to look past what you said and I get that, this has made me see that Iā€™m not that way anymore.

All of this really wasnā€™t bad until I came here, itā€™s not where I belong. I can use those references, just not on a forum about atheism.

Have you ever heard the saying, ā€œyou canā€™t just make that shit upā€? When it comes to the creation of religion and god, I donā€™t believe it was 100% made up. We took this feeling we had, and out of ignorance, made that feeling a god and then ultimately spawned many religions. The religion part and all the BS around it, is all made up by people, but that feeling is not made up and I figured out what it was, it is metaphorically, the other 90%. The other 90% that is inside of us, is the shit you just canā€™t make up. We didnā€™t see that and still donā€™t, itā€™s not about if god is not real, but how god was a misinterpretation of the amazingness that humans will eventually be capable of; we can feel it inside of us. We are so fucking intelligent, that our minds (at the metaphorical 10%) can feel the capability we have, we just donā€™t think about it because we donā€™t want to focus on death, that is not living that is waiting to die.

Last thing and you will not be able to change my mind on this, I donā€™t believe you understand what I mean by writing for 7 hours. It is not about the writing, the writing is a tool I use to stay on track because humans have short attention spans. Itā€™s about the focus I put in when I do the writing for 7 hours. I will not accept calls, from anyone, sorry donā€™t rely on me because If Iā€™m writing I donā€™t care who needs help. I have no kids, no girlfriend, nothing breaks my focus for that whole 7 hours, nothing, I donā€™t believe you have ever focused on writing something for 7 hours straight without breaking focus.

I will never believe, in fact I almost know, that if you let your feelings get the best of you enough to the point that you left a reply like that, you can not control yourself enough to focus on one topic for 7 hours with no distractions. If you can not control your anger, frustration, annoyance or whatever from a ā€œdumbā€ person like me, you can not focus. After every comment, you replied, and then cried.

Have a good day.

I donā€™t know what documentary you were watching, but that statement isnā€™t true; and it seems your question was based on that statement being true, so I guess there is nothing to answer.

But for what it is worth, it is possible to measure the end points of a region that is so large that light could not have crossed the region (but that doesnā€™t happen to be the case in this situation). It just means you need to be located ā€œnearā€ the center of the region (so light has had time to travel from both ends to you, but not to each other yet).

No shit Sherlock! Glad you figured that one out!

Inane bullshit assertion. Demonstrate that there is anything amazing inside of you. You are not even living your own life. You think hiding out and not having sex is participating in the world and giving you magical insights. I think you may be king of the Dweebs.

You have a whole lot of bullshit to say about humans. Amazingā€¦ Where did you get your psychology degree? How many books have you published and when will your speaking tour bring you this way?

Angerā€¦ lol!!! Did you figure that one out by looking into your crystal ball? How do you mistake enjoyment for anger? Not being able to write is not your problem. Your problem is your inability to think clearly.

Argument from ignorance. IE I lack the imagination, the knowledge or the wit to understand, therefore itā€™s wrong/God/aliens did it.

A twofer; argument from authority and argument by consensus. A claim must standon its own merits. Who makes the claim and who believe are not reasons to accept a claim

I donā€™t understand, with what do you disagree?. I simply provided an explanation of the term ā€œa gnosticā€ The term does indeed come from Greek and means ā€˜without knowledgeā€™ . Nothing to do with belief. I notice others have also tried to explain the meaning to you.

From your posts it is very clear that you have not grasped the fundamentals of reasoned discourse. The result is that you come across as wilfully ignorant and boorish.

I urge you to familiarise your self with the more common logical fallacies. Belo is an example and a link to a list of 15 common fallacies. Below that a link to a more thorough Wikipedia entry

I have no more time to waste on you. Quite happy to teach you if you were willing to learn, but your posts show you are not. An unwillingness to learn simply makes you seem a fool.

"EG 3) The Appeal to Authority Fallacy
While appeals to authority are by no means always fallacious, they can quickly become dangerous when you rely too heavily on the opinion of a single person ā€“ especially if that person is attempting to validate something outside of their expertise.

Getting an authority figure to back your proposition can be a powerful addition to an existing argument, but it canā€™t be the pillar your entire argument rests on. Just because someone in a position of power believes something to be true, doesnā€™t make it true."

ok, I see what you are saying. We are related to chimps and not the aliens, so not the best argument but I get it.

A little curious why the ? behind the ā€œyou are not smart enoughā€ I told you I am not smart enough to communicate what Iā€™m trying to say by saying ā€œIā€™m not a writerā€, on the other hand; I know myself enough to know I learn from constructive criticism the best, and guess what buddy, you helped me today. Iā€™m smarter about about the topic that I want to talk about, feels like a win to me, and that is my point. I may not succeed at what I set out to do, but Iā€™m better because of it.

1 more time though, because what Iā€™m am trying to say, is not best explained with Dawkinā€™s Assertion.
Last one, promise.

When we work hard, we use more muscles, multitask, listen to music and all these other things, but the moment a problems arises, we have to stop for a second so we can think better. You are not thinking better, you stopped using all these other things (muscles and all) so you can now tap into your subconsciousness, therefore; we do not only use 10%, but in normal daily functions, we donā€™t need anymore than 10%. Only when there is something we need to deep think about do we ever really use anything other than the normal 10%.

Just because we are the most important thing in the brain and probably the only thing that takes a massive percentage from the brain, everything else put together is bigger than us.

We have 100% and a team of workers has 100 people to split between two jobs. One job is really easy and the other is hard, so you put 90 workers on the hard job and 10 on the other. Our subconsciousness is the 90 worker that takes up most of the team because controlling the body is hard work, the other 10 workers have the easy job, which is the consciousness because for the brain, you are easy to run compared to everything else. You, me, all humans are so simple, that the brain can run our consciousness with only 10% of the power. What if we could tap into the other 90% and not just use it, but make it part of your consciousness all the time.

That being said, we are complex af. We only need 10% of the brainā€™s power to run us, 10%, If I could get me, very complex only using 10%, up to using 11% of the brains power, it would be a massive increase. If you 1% a lion, It wouldnā€™t be that much growth because they are not that complex, but if you 1% a human, well that is a massive gain.

Something I never thought about, I donā€™t think most people can feel the difference between their conscious and subconscious mind. I can and it happened to me so naturally that I just assumed all people went though that separation. Iā€™m guessing not and that most wont believe I can either since people project so much.

This is why I write and after that thought, Iā€™m out, and thanks for taking the time to reply, it means a lot to me or I wouldnā€™t still be here, Thanks

So you like to believe things that are not evidenced. Not an unusual human trait.

What is this feeling? What does a ā€œfeelingā€ have to do with reality? Why should we make important life decisions based on your unevidenced feeling?
You do realize you have strayed way off the commonly accepted definition of god right? Now you are at ā€œsome sort of unevidencedā€ greater than human intelligence having a hand in the creation of the known universe we reside in. Even if somehow you were right about this ā€œfeeling,ā€ what practical use is there knowing that some sort of greater intelligence had some sort of unspecified hand in the creation of the universe? Nothing is gained even if you were 100% correct.

The greatest single component inside of us is water, and it only makes up, at most, 65%. If that percentage drops much below 40% you are dead. That you cannot make up, it is reality. Donā€™t consume any water for a week or more, and it will be your only reality/thought, with a horrible death following not too long after.

Do you ever read all the words or do you just skim and look for stuff to talk shit about.

I already agree with you on everything except the a+gnosis thing BECUASE I DIDN"T KNOW THAT.

If I start the sentence with ā€œI already agreeā€ I can not put a+gnosis in that category because I didnā€™t know that, therefore it can not fall under the context of ā€œALREADY agreeā€.

Let me word it different since you are simple when it comes to understanding a point that is not yours.

I agree with the a+gnosis stuff, everything else I already agree with you on. Wow that was rough.

If you see metaphors I used to prove a DIFFERENT point as fallacies, well, I now see what this forum is about, telling people they are wrong instead of trying to understand the main point and maybe help them explain their point better, since you are so smart.

You guys are being a real Steven Hawkins, lol

Is thatā€¦ a compliment? I am not sure. Did you mean: Stephen Hawking? I know I personally would not mind being compared to him, one of the greatest minds ever.

Even Steven W Hawkins (a marijuana social justice leader as well as being against the death penalty,) I would not mind at all being compared to.

I understand what you wrote about ā€œnot being a writerā€ā€¦ so Iā€™m keeping that in mind.

So far, correct me if Iā€™m wrong - you basically believe or claim that ā€œhumans were tinkered with genetically while we were evolving as a species - most likely an alien species?ā€

Second - I donā€™t necessarily accept the idea of a subconscious. We use all our brain, however we are not necessarily aware of the various functions (areas of bodily regulation).

Savants and various types of brain :brain: ability (ā€œperfectā€ memory for example https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthymesia )

I donā€™t think these areas are necessarily an ā€œadvantageā€ species wise, but they have in some areas advanced us and offered curious mysteryā€¦

1 Like

@Whitefire13

(ā€œperfectā€ memory for example https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthymesia )

Off topic, but: I would consider such perfect memory a curse, not a gift. I watched documentaries on people with ā€œnearā€ perfect hyperthymesia in certain aspects of their lives, and none of them seemed to led very good peaceful happy lives.

Perfect Hyperthymesia I think would drive any human mind insane. You would never know when you were in the ā€œpresent.ā€ Except by perhaps signficant pain that overrode your memory thought patterns.

I confess, sometimes I do not. I get bored with the all too familiar kind of ignorant drivel you have been posting. What can I say? Iā€™m an old man and find it difficult to suffer fools.

Yet another logical fallacy. This one is called ā€˜a distinction without a differenceā€™ the word ā€˜creatorā€™ is widely used to describe god. In fact the two words are often used together ;IE ā€˜creator- godā€™. Itā€™s been used for a very long time.

Eg I Googled ā€˜Egyptian creator-godā€™ and found this ā€œThe principal creator god in Ancient Egyptian religion is the sun-god; in the Egyptian language, the word for sun is Ra, and this was one name for the sun-god, but he was also regularly called Atum, from the word tm ā€˜completeā€™.ā€

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/museums-static/digitalegypt/religion/deitiescreation.html#:~:text=The%20principal%20creator%20god%20in,the%20word%20tm%20'complete'.

Wrong yet again. Atheism is only about disbelief, nothing else is implied. We need disprove nothing, as to say "I do not believeā€™ is not a claim and does not attract the burden of proof. That honour belongs to the believers who assert: ā€œthere IS a godā€ or ā€œI believe in godā€

Bored again. Sorry, canā€™t be bothered with you.

Nothing more to say to you in this thread. Feel free to have the last word.

Dude ā€” You do not have a subconsciousā€¦(I assume you are referencing the Autonomic Nervous System). you are not tapping a damn thing. You are not using 10 percent of your brain. You need to go to a real school and STOP READING BULLSHIT POP PSYCHOLOGY SHIT! The autonomic nervous system is regulated by integrated reflexes through the brain-stem to the spinal cord and organs. Autonomic functions include control of respiration, cardiac regulation (the cardiac control center), vasomotor activity (the vasomotor center), and certain reflex actions such as coughing, sneezing, swallowing and vomiting. Those are then subdivided into other areas and are also linked to autonomic subsystems and the peripheral nervous system. The hypothalamus, just above the brain stem, acts as an integrator for autonomic functions, receiving autonomic regulatory input from the limbic system.

Why donā€™t you come back after you have a Biology Degree.

2 Likes

Now you are just repeating bullshit that has already been addressed. How many more times are you planning on repeating yourself? Go back, revamp your argument, and try again. It does not matter how many times you REPEAT the same ineffective debunked BULLSHIT, once it is demonstrated to be fallacious, WRONG, useless, and ineffective in progressing your pointā€¦ you need to toss it and try a different approach NOT REPEAT THE SAME STUPID SHIT!

2 Likes

Is this a hypothetical human, because both as a collective and as individuals Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m comfortable with that claim. How are we measuring ā€œsmartā€ here? Only I suspect these types of claims might be loading the dice in our favour.

Come to that how are we measuring consciousness?