Answers About God From A Famous Ex-Atheist

Meanwhile, addressing some of the other bullshit being peddled by our resident ideological stormtrooper for creationist bullshit …

No it doesn’t. This is a bare faced lie. Several million peer reviewed scientific papers document the evidence for testable natural processes being responsible for the universe and its contents, not your fatuous imaginary cartoon magic man from your pathetic goat herder mythology.

Bullshit. NOT treating unsupported mythological assertions uncritically as fact, the way that wank-break mythology fanboys do, is an essential part of critical reasoning. Or did you fail to learn the elementary rules of discourse at school?

Ah, the tiresome attempt to misrepresent atheism as a “doctrine”. Except that by doing so, you’re admitting that doctrinal adherence is a vice, not a virtue, via said misrepresentation. But you’re obviously too stupid to have worked this out yourself.

PROJECTION ALERT!!!

Oh, you mean the way you deny the mountains of evidence for testable natural processes, as documented in those several million peer reviewed scientific papers I mentioned above?

This steamingly duplicitous bullshit has been exposed several years ago for the tissue of lies that it is.

Congratulations on demonstrating both the intellectual and moral bankruptcy of your adherence to creationist garbage.

I only ever read small sections which I read in church.

So sorry I just assumed all of it was BS.

Oh well, some of you know the thing better than I do.

I prefer not to know the bible too well as I do not believe in it.

Saw the OP and the words that the universe must have been created by an intelligent designer, then saw the OP is simply privileging his position as a human and what he has been indoctrinated to believe…

Conclusion… A big ol’ pile of utter bollocks.

Excellent C! I actually spent a bit of time looking for something like that but came up with nil. I figured the guy was 80, on his death bead and probably not all there… = Christian bullshit propaganda. I didn’t come up with anything but the hype. Still the language of the article seemed really bizarre for anyone who actually understood atheism, and yet it did reference appropriate perceptions at the same time.

I’m going to go check out PZ Meyers, always enjoy his stuff anyway. Thanks for the link!!!

You don’t mean that surely, how are you going to know when it’s ok to buy a slave and beat it to death ffs, or stone those noisy fucking kids? You can’t just just capriciously do this shit on a whim you know, there have to be rules.

1 Like

Oh god :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

How big should the stones be (small or large?) - how many people should help me? Can I bury them first (so the don’t run) just leaving their head out?

1 Like

Wait a minute… The Bible clearly tells me the net worth of a man compared to a woman. That’s still relevant today…

Clearly depending on their age, females are worth 1/2 to 2/3 as much as males.

And thy estimation shall be of the male from twenty years old even unto sixty years old, even thy estimation shall be fifty shekels of silver… And if it be a female, then thy estimation shall be thirty shekels.

And if it be from five years old even unto twenty years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male twenty shekels, and for the female ten shekels.

And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver.

And if it be from sixty years old and above; if it be a male, then thy estimation shall be fifteen shekels, and for the female ten shekels. – [Leviticus 27:3-7]

Males are holy to God, not females. Luke 2:23

Paul explains that “the natural use” of women is to act as sexual objects for the pleasure of men. Romans 1:27

Abandon your wife and family for Jesus and he’ll give you a big reward. Luke 18:29-30

Jesus will reward men who abandon their wives and families. Mark 10:29-30

In the last days God will make things especially rough on pregnant women.Mark 13:17

In the last days God will make things especially rough on pregnant women.Mark 13:17

If a woman refuses to cover her head in church, then her her head must be shaved. 11:5-6 1corinthians

Men are made in the image of God; women in the image of men. Women were created from and for men. 1corinthians 11:7-9

Wives must submit to their husbands “in every thing” as though they were Christ. “For the husband is the head of the wife.” Ephesians 5:22-24

You should help a widow only if she 1) is over 60 years old, 2) had only one husband, 3) has raised children, 4) has lodged strangers, 5) has “washed the saints feet,” 6) has relieved the afflicted, and 7) has “diligently followed very good work.” Otherwise, let them starve. “But the younger widows refuse [to help]: for … they will marry; having damnation.” Besides the young widows are always idle tattlers – “busybodies, spreading things which they ought not.” He adds that “some are already turned aside after Satan.” - 1 Timothy5:9-15

How can anyone read this and then assert there is nothing relevant in the bible today… Sheeeeesh… Some People!

2 Likes

Babies = bag of gravel
Toddlers = pebbles (no sharp points)
Teens = Anything goes

:wink:

Well that definitely needs updating, no way women are worth that much. I mean they’re not camels or sheep ffs…

Fuuuuccckkkkk :flushed:. Is that why you hung that sign around my neck???

I’m quite fond of this clip from “The West Wing”

2 Likes

Never watched that show… good clip :smirk:

Really? Gee, one of my all time favourite US TV Shows… To this day, Jed Bartlett remains my favourite US president . Shame he’s a fictional character.

1 Like

I loved The West Wing as well, watched them all.

Not sure how many times I’ve seen most episodes. In recent years I’ve gone off a few characters. I do that.

Around season 9, I decided that Hawkeye in M.A.S.H was a bit of a self righteous twat. Klinger remained my favourite.

Grew up on MASH (parents watched) …good old days with 2 channels.

I use to pay attention. Didn’t catch all the humor. My mom would say “I’ll tell you when you’re older”…

2 Channels? Where one earth did you live? At that time Aunty Adelaide had four… I think it’s up to over a dozen now, including a truly ghastly local community channel. Plays a lot of public domain films.

We also have spiffy community radio station, 88.7 Coast FM, Adelaide, Australia. It plays music for old farts (lots of 60’s music). It’s free to stream if you want. There’s a free app. You might find the accent of the volunteer announcers amusing.

I grew up with all kinds of radio shows because we didn’t get TV until I was 13.

Today I have a 4 tiered radio: Am/FM/Digital/Internet (with thousands stations)

Lol :laughing:. In Beautiful British Columbia!

Parents couldn’t “afford” cable - only 2 free channels. In the early-mid 70s and on.

Fuck, I don’t think my mom (after she left my dad) got cable till I was about 14-15 (mid 80s). Maybe then it was 4 channels for free.

I read a lot - outside a lot …

I listen to old time YouTube radio shows before bed.

Still not a big TV watcher

Cable? .

A couple of years ago I had Foxtel. About 40 channels, $65 a month, dreadful rip off. Took ages to find something worth watching. Today I have Netflix. $14 a month, HDD. Always far more I want to watch than I have time.

BC? My mum was born in Vancouver. Forgive me if I’ve mentioned this before; mum came from a famous hockey family, The Patricks. Her father was hall of fame inductee Frank Patrick. Hall of Fame inductee Murray ‘Muzz’ Patrick was mum’s fist cousin. As I write this I’m looking at a puck from the New York Rangers Muzz gave me when I met him in 1985.

Some of the best holidays I’ve ever had were staying with friends on Salt Spring Island.( '85 and '90)
It was lovely then, with a population of around 5000. Seriously considered moving there after I retired . Land was cheap and our friend was/is an environmentally conscious architect. Not any more. It’s only 45 minutes by ferry from Victoria. So naturally the fucking trendoids have discovered the place. You can’t buy anything decent for less than 1 million+.

1 Like